Relocating the two hoses in the right rear wheel well

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether these are plumbed to the heater or the rear AC, but there are two hoses in the right rear wheel arch that really interfere with the ability to get up travel back there in some trail situations. Looking at them, it looks like I could potentially cut the hard line and relocate things inside the frame, but I'd like to know what I'm in for in doing that.

Has anyone done this or tried it? What hard lessons can you share?

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is what I used. Super easy. Very minute coolant loss. Make sure to blast the REAR and front heat while bleeding.

I'm sure I have a post on here somewhere about it. If I can find it I will repost

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. Just mentioned that I did it in the bigger tires thread. Sorry, brother.

However, that thread will help immensely. It will be clear once you pull the tire and fender liner.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I followed the same post, BUT I decided to run it around the behind the rear right strut. You'll want 12 ft of 5/8" heater hose, 6ft for each pipe. I simply removed the hose clip, put in the new hose and new hose clamped it. It's not that bad of a job. The hardest part of it was really following the coolant line, which was easy. I marked one of the lines with a paint pen, followed it to the other end, and marked the other end. Did the same with the new coolant line.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did it similar to above. Just used 5/8 heater hose. Not a big deal.

Follow the instructions in the service manual to get a good bleed done after it's buttoned back up.

If you haven't already done it, take a hand sledge and pound that "shark fin" body joint flat, as well.