Removing rear seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are long gone, and they ain't coming back...

1693057970428.png

1693057992186.png

1693058173106.png

1693058214263.png

1693058237935.png

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2nd row can push down more. After you flip the seat backs down, there's a pull strap at the front of the seat cushion that you can pull to allow the seats the collapse, giving a flat load space. The luggage cover clips into the gap between the 2nd and 3rd row, on the black buttons on the outboard side of the outboard 2nd row seat backs (you can see them in your picture)

Thanks for the seat suggestion! I didn't see that in the manual.

I went on my first water run. My old car had a hatch back. The tailgate for an SUV is so incredible. I love the hell out of the design. The tie down points are just as brilliant although I'm sure I'll be wanting more tie down points.

lXkVWAP.jpg

Here is a pic of tire repair kit. Fix-a-flat, air compressor and tire plugs. Plus the spare fitted underneath will handle what the kit won't cover. The kit fits in each of the upper compartments to the left and right sides.

lBeU1ve.jpg

This is how the seat can rotate in order to access the rear from the side.

oxGSF1g.jpg

Last edited:

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The refer is about 90 lbs filled with steak. Then I have a 100 lb 8 man canvas tent, a 65 pound generator, desk, computer gear and all my other gear that I need for a couple weeks at least. Plus when it storms out I will need to drop the tent and do my computer work inside the LR4. Removing the rear seats will also give me headroom so when I'm back there doing my thing I will have more space around me. I can barely sit up on the rear seats folded down and I couldn't do it without the roof tapering higher where the rear seats are. Its super nice in there facing rear ward sitting down on the rear seats with the skylights and big windows in the back. I'll have a fantastic view of everything, a window office.

I'm actually super-curious to hear more about this. What's your remote work setup? Any pics? Starlink ?

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The these pics were my setup when I overlanded out of a car, I haven't gone out with my LR4 yet. I've upgraded a lot of gear since then. I plan to run my computer gear off a lithium battery pack and the other big upgrade would be to get a diesel heater.

opnzKAv.jpg

pPvWgMY.jpg

2bICg00.jpg

EzwDzeH.jpg

Ti8o7mO.jpg

The sun and wind killed the screens on the tent so I pulled them out. It turned out to be way better with the screens off. I've since replaced the tent and I'm tempted to remove the new mesh lol. I don't have a shot of the tent all opened up with all the screens removed, but every side unzips and it becomes practically an open air canopy with doors on both left/right sides. It is amazing to be in there with it all opened up and in good weather. I can stand up and walk around in it too. Here is a pic of it part way open
somC3S0.jpg

The storms get crazy in the winter around here and with the LR4 it will be more comfortable. I don't want an RV, the LR4 is the way

vAUvGqd.jpg

Prepping for 50-60 MPH winds
mlJbTWp.jpg

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got the rear seats to rotate and fold down thanks to ftillier and there is much improvement back there without tearing anything apart. I'm devising ways to sit back there with my back against the seat backs and looking rearward for long periods of time. I feel like repurposing the 3rd row seats and sit on them, but I wouldn't know how to do that. The seats are soft, cushy and high quality good looking leather. The view is amazing in there looking outward. I watched the sunrise this morning out of it.

HRw4y1E.jpg

bulKEXR.jpg

The roof is sweet too. Its almost all glass. Look at the shine on this thing. The pics don't do it justice.
TXM30Hv.jpg

cLHYFv0.jpg

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics of the cargo area with the seats all flush. I think a short legged beach chair may be a good fit to sit backwards on the center seat might be comfortable

SzmSnQr.jpg

o2fSlGy.jpg

bdd123

Reaction score
I have yet to see a reason to remove the seats, but I do get it if you are filling your LR4 with gear. My only gripe is that they did not put any nice tie downs on the back of the 2nd row so that when collapsed you would have at least 6 matching tie downs.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Note that the luggage cover thing (leaning against your tailgate in your 2nd picture) clips into the gap behind the 2nd row. There are two little black plastic studs that stick out on either side, that clip into slots on the back of the luggage cover. That way it's not sliding around. Pretty nicely thought out.

1693235781137.png

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clever asf. Thanks for that. I saw those black shafts sticking out of the seats and was curious about them.

Those latch bars on the backs of the seats look like possible tie down points too where at least the cargo would be strapped to seats moving around a vs cargo moving around within the entire cabin. I may pull from the seat brackets too.

I found a chair that might be good for chilling in the center while back there in the cargo area and they call it a stadium seat, it has no legs but it has a seat back and a seat bottom.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72