Replacing Ac condenser fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Well summer has struck again, and the poor disco is stuck on driveway duty. My AC fans died a few week ago in traffic and luckily I noticed the temp gauge creeping up and was able to put it in neutral and get the motor cool again. I am not to happy about paying to buy new land rover fans, and am looking at a few aftermarket. My question is what CFM do I need. I have found a few 10" fans and they seem to be about 600 CFM. Does anyone know the flow rate of the stock fans?
Thank for any help.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the fan specs, have you checked on the Rave CD?
Might also check with places like, Roverlandparts.com for a price on a good set of guaranteed used fans.

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike,
I didn't even think to check the rave cd for the specs. I will check it out and let you know. I have checked fans at Roverlandparts and the fans are $125 each much better than $330 each but still more than I am able to spend right now.

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, if it's overheating with the AC on, turn off the AC and turn on the heat full and the blower on high until it cools down. Then turn off the heat and leave the AC off. If it overheats again, you have other cooling system issues besides the AC fans.
When not using the AC, Land Rovers don't need the AC fans to keep from overheating if the cooling system is in good shape. They are just an additional fail safe, so fix the major problem first, then worry about the AC.

Second, pull one of your AC fans and look for the part number. Several people have posted alternate part numbers, but I don't have them at hand.

skinnydipper

Reaction score
I replaced my non-working fans with off-the-shelf fans from Trak-Auto. They fit well, almost like a dorect replacement. My Disco would overheat if idling with a/c on in warm weather. The condensor fans cool the condensor, if the fans do not work then the heat from the condensor is absorbed by the radiator which is the reason the engine overheats. Also, the a/c will work batter with the fans aiding in heat displacement from the condensor.