Replacing wheels with TPMS on different year LR4s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DMackay

Reaction score
Hello all! New to the site and looking for help.

I recently replaced the OEM wheels (rims and tires) off my 2012 LR4 with new 2016 OEM LR4 wheels. I did a straight switch. Now I get a TPMS fault failure notice. The new wheels have TPMS sensors from the other vehicle I took them off from. I assumed it would sync, but I was wrong. Would the spare tire TPMS be the problem or do I need to take to the dealer for resetting? Any help would be appreciated, thanks, Duncan

DMackay

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the quick response. No way the dealer can change the frequency? I'd rather not go through the hassle of taking them off the old wheels and balancing all over again.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the frequency is not user / dealer selectable, it's baked in the hardware. You'll have to replace the sensors inside the 2016 rims with the ones from your old wheels.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your other options are to

1. Live with the TPMS on all the time; or
2. Buy the IID tool and use it to disable your TPMS.

DMackay

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! You both just saved me a visit to the dealer and hours of internet research, lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635