Rita....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

texas911

So Hurricane Rita is making a bee line for Houston. I'm going to ride it out at my house but am feeling good about having one of the best off road SUV's in my garage incase something happens. I love being able to lift the LR3 to wake over flood waters. Wish us luck!

S

suth150

Buddy, I do wish you luck. Category 5. Post New Orleans. BALLSY!

F

Freeflytim

Can I come??

Give us updates like you're Anderson Cooper! Run out to BB real quick and get a webcam! Im NOT kidding!!!!! :biggrin:

F

Freeflytim

Yeah yeah. Nobody's mama is here!!

We do not know his situation but Im sure he made a survey of his risk and did not blindly make this decision. Hell look at his username!

His post was posted well before the traffic jam that is Houston right now.

Knowing that he decided early to ride it out tells me that he had plenty of time to prepare and assess risk. Houston will not have the storm surge like Galveston will or the flooding like New Orleans had.

Hell, he drives a Land Rover, he knows what he's doing.

Hmm.

Well, maybe I should rethink this :biggrin:

No flames. just support for TX911!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DonA

Didn't mean to come off like a D*** but I know if I was told to get out, I'd be gone...

Living at the Jersey shore I've seen my share of bad storms, nothing like katrina or Rita but enough to know if you try and beat mother nature you WILL lose.

I wish you the best Texas911 and all those down there!! Houston is one of my favorite cities to visit.

T

texas911

Houston proper is not under evacuation. Houston proper is 60 feet above sea level and about 70 miles from the coast. The places under mandatory evacuation are all on the coast; Galveston, Angleton, Clear Lake. No need to panic if you're in the city, we won't flood like New Orleans, because we don't have any levees to be broken. I'm expecting high winds and rain, and for the power to go out, but Houston it ready for it. There seems to be some hysteria because of what happened with Katrina, but that type of flooding won't happen in Houston. It might flood but it will clear in a few hours.

Thanks for your thoughts.

F

Freeflytim

Whats the old Reo Speedwagin tune... "ridin the storm out"

T

texas911

Well Rita totally missed Houston. We got high winds but hardly any rain. My powere didn't even go out! I pray for the people east of Houston, where Rita turned to.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112