Roadside blowout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the blowout, that's terrible. Thank God everyone is safe. Have a happy Easter!

cperez.... Nice to connect with you on Instagram!

It only amounted to a little bit of unplanned adventure and delayed our trip until the next morning, so all told it was just an inconvenience. But thanks for the thought and Happy Easter to you, too! (and for the connect on IG).

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

LOL! When the TPMS/Suspension fault alerts went off, my first reaction was the classic one uttered by fighter pilots when things go south "Aw $#it". My wife was a good sport through the incident so that helped. Although she said "thank God I wasn't driving or I never would have heard the end of it." <gulp> the truth hurts...:hmpf:

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cperez, to find that wheel, do a search on eBay motors for "19" LR4 wheel". You may be able to find your style wheel.

Update: PaulLR3, I wasn't able to find my style wheel for an acceptable price on ebay or craigslist but I found an online source that seemed trustworthy and had a better price ($239.99 delivered). The wheel arrived on Friday while I was on another road trip (on the same road where the blowout occurred...for good luck I stopped and bought something at the gas station where I had stopped to air up the donut the last time).

My wife took a photo of the reconditioned wheel and texted it to me. It looked perfect even through the shipping plastic. I hope to have it installed this week. It will be nice to have the security of a full-sized spare before several upcoming road trips. Boston in 2 weeks; then Auburn, AL, for my daughter's graduation, then Northern Michigan later in the summer and hopefully several long weekends mixed in.

Now I can focus on my hitch receiver research...

Attachments

• IMG_1461.jpg
    IMG_1461.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9