Roof Rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am new to the rover world and just got my LR4 recently. Question for you:

1. is the 2008 LR3 long roof rail the same as the 2010 LR4?
2. can i install the rails myself?

Thanks in advance for the input!

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also, does anyone know if a range rover expedition rack (CAB500130PMA) will fit the lr4?

2011LR4LUX

Reaction score
Hi Charlie,

I'm not sure if the 08 LR3 long roof rails are the same on the 2010 BUT you can install it yourself. I just installed the rails myself last week. You need to drill 2 holes and cut the rubber rails on your truck. Other than that its very easy.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Charlie,

I'm not sure if the 08 LR3 long roof rails are the same on the 2010 BUT you can install it yourself. I just installed the rails myself last week. You need to drill 2 holes and cut the rubber rails on your truck. Other than that its very easy.

thanks for the reply, but we have to drill holes? that does not sound simple...

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Charlie,

Drilling holes is very simple. Drilling the holes in the right place and of the correct size without going too deep is harder. :biggrin:

20011LR4LUX,

I plan on doing the short rails. Do you still have to drill holes for the short rails or just for the long rails?

Thanks,

Rob

2011LR4LUX

Reaction score
I don't think you have to drill any holes for the sh0rt rails.

Just to clarify drilling holes, you are openning a bigger hole to an existing hole on the rail. You are not drilling holes into the vehicle roof.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you have to drill any holes for the sh0rt rails.

Just to clarify drilling holes, you are openning a bigger hole to an existing hole on the rail. You are not drilling holes into the vehicle roof.

interesting.. i have not found any installation pix or guides on line, any ideas?

2011LR4LUX

Reaction score
interesting.. i have not found any installation pix or guides on line, any ideas?

If I still have the installation instruction at home, I'll take pictures and posted them online. Hopefully its still in the garage : )

GoCraigers

Reaction score
short rails 2011 LR$

Does anyone know if you need to pull off the roof trim to install the short rails? There are screw covers that are in the same places as the rail screws but I can't seem to pop them off.

Help!

Domoic

Reaction score
also, does anyone know if a range rover expedition rack (CAB500130PMA) will fit the lr4?

Yes it does, but you need special brackets to secure the front of the rack to the LR4 (not needed for the RR Sport).

This rack is not easy to come by.

The OEM (Safety Devices?) I think stopped making them and LR is having trouble sourcing them.

If you find one - BE SURE it has the brackets for the LR4, otherwise you wont be able to use it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72