Rotors - Who makes 'em cheap and good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scot

Reaction score
I know, good and cheap rarely go together, but rotors are just lumps of iron. If someone makes them well, they don't really have to cost much. I dont want any drilled or slotted rotors, those "features" do not help in trucks.

I've seen prices from 22 to 100 bucks and no real clue if one is better than another.

Scot

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter that much... buy whatever is cheapest.

stb616

Reaction score
I don't know if I'd buy whatever is cheapest, unless you like replacing them all the time. There are some very cheap parts sold online, but they are cheap for a reason- they are junk.

Go to www.rockauto.com and see if they have something that will fit your budget.

05LR3AZ

Reaction score
that price for a set? If so, I'm no help.

What vehicle? For the DII www.roverparts.com has them $49.95 (Rear) each...

I've never bought from this site but partsgeek.com has them from $45.95 for rotors...

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to Atlantic British and look at their brake sets, they are on sale, pretty good price and they hold up well.
As for it doesn't matter, cheap is fine, you get what you pay for, I have a set of 7 year old DBA's running Kevlar pads which are about to hit 80,000 miles on them and they will out stop any cheap rotor/pad combination.

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been buying mine at NAPA. 150k miles out of two sets, no noise.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DAP has the EBC pads for $65 an axle set, which is pretty good.

tempestv8

Reaction score
I just use Land Rover genuine parts.

They blacken the wheels with the brake dust because the genuine pads are quite soft (and so are the discs) but the braking performance is pretty good too.

Now that Land Rover have reduced their parts prices (at least in Australia anyway), it's not so bad to buy genuine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM