Rovertym Announces LR3 Front Bumper!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is pretty cool. But it clashes with your glossy paint....you have to paint the truck matte green or desert sand to go with that bumper and those tires & wheels! :)

Solid looking, that's for sure.

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know or concerned about the weight addition? I already hate the stock weight... let alone having to add more on....

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man, what a beast, I love looking at this LR3, that RoverTym bumper is incredible!

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know or concerned about the weight addition? I already hate the stock weight... let alone having to add more on....

I mean who cares about the weight... the air suspension will adjust, unless you're worried about sinking in mudd or sand, but that's why the diffs lock, just pray you dont get in anything too soft:rolleyes:

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id worry about the weight if i were most people... if you have the need for such a gnarly front bumper and winch id think you should be going in some rough and tough conditions and not just driving through some mud puddles......

im in about 6-12 inches of soft(and sometimes wet) sand about everyday on the beach checking the surf, so weights a huge issue.

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If weights that big of an issue why would you own a land rover? buy a light weight jeep, I think with the weight of the vehicle already being significant a hundred pound bumper shouldn't be the biggest concern, the winch itself is going to weigh near 100lbs anyways. I just think it's silly when people worry about a 20lb difference between front bumpers. My old disco I noticed started to sag a bit in the front bumper with the weight of the arb but the air suspension cures that worry. And if you're on the beach alot then whats the use of a bull bar anyways? I used my ARB probly more than is healthy:) I love making my own trail and increasing my approach angles....... This new RoverTym bumper I think is awesome, I'm excited about it

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The purpose of my question on the weight wasn't meant for you to question why I own a LR...trust me, I use it for what it's meant for.... it also wasn't because I want an ARB bumper or that I would ever need one... I was simply asking since it seemed no one was concerned about the added weight, which I think should be a factor when people consider buying these heavy bumpers and winches...

I'm taking a guess that a winch ranges around 75-125lbs and a heavy duty ARB bumper around 200-300lbs... that's potentially close to 400lbs hanging off the front of your truck... and if you're in mud or sand, this could make your truck just dive head first into the softer stuff...

With that said, this time does anyone want to share their thoughts on the potential weight issue and NOT about my reason for questioning its concern?

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ARB weight

"I'm taking a guess that a winch ranges around 75-125lbs and a heavy duty ARB bumper around 200-300lbs... that's potentially close to 400lbs hanging off the front of your truck... and if you're in mud or sand, this could make your truck just dive head first into the softer stuff..."

The ARB no way weighs that much. The bumper itself is about 100 and my 9000 lb winch weighs about 80. I lifted the whole thing up onto my rig myself when I installed it and look, Mom, no hernia. Winch and bumper total out at around 200 lb.

We are talking about the weight of an additional person, true. But I have not noticed any performance issues with the extra weight. And the added protection is signigicant over all the plastic crap that is your stock bumper assembly.

Last edited:

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with Roverine, my arb basicly weighed 100lbs and my 12,000lb winch is 98lbs. What sucks is the position of the weight, with it being out in front of the frame that puts some extra lb's on the front springs, so thank God for air springs!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635