running very hot- overheating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adgunn94

Reaction score
i take it that the nearest place to get the ECU done is my nearest LR dealership... how much should that run? as to exhaust, did the 94 come with manifolds that look like shorty headers or did it have regular cast manifolds?? mine has what looks like shorty headers, cast, but not in the typical shape of exhaust manifolds

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure on the type of manifolds on the 94, but I beleive they are the same as the 96-99 which is just a cast manifold, they may look different, but still just cast.

ECU is an aftermarket thing only.
ECU upgrade read this page: http://www.rpiv8.com/carbs-4.htm

adgunn94

Reaction score
have driven many miles since the intake mod, and i dont know if its the "placebo" effect, but i can feel a noticable diference in the low end acceleration, and it does sound better. im hoping to get exhaust work don this next paycheck.

BTW, eventhough i havent gotten it into low range, i did do some ditch muddin, and i have to say im impressed with the ability of this stock vehicle. i had a 96 dodge ram 1500 w/ 3" lift and 33"s and it put this little rover against it any day.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4