Santa's got the wrong ride... post snow pics here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Though I'm sure it's been done before, I thought that, in the spirit of the season, folks might like to share some snow shots of the LR3. As far as I'm concerned any shot of snow (car, scenery, kids playing, etc...) would be great.

I'll start. We got some snow in the hills around here today so I went up to see how the LR3 w/ BFG's dealt with it. I think that the deepest that we got was about four inches but I can say that the truck drove great and the the Snow/ice/gravel setting on Terrain Response is key.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! I'm going to post it here if you don't mind. Got any snow in the forecast? We're supposed to get a pretty decent amount in the next few days. It's pretty unusual for us to get snow down on the valley floor where I live but apparently we can expect a couple of inches on Sunday night. I'm assuming that the mountains around us (mostly the Cascades) are going to get slammed! :biggrin:

PICT5139-vi.jpg

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is as snowy as it gets here in San Diego.

Last edited:

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2' on the ground right now we have seen over 60" since nov

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is as snowy as it gets here in San Diego.

LOL, well at least you've got trees. I think that I would miss snow though. Now, my wife would love to move to San Diego and threatens to do just that every year in about March when it's been raining/snowing for 5 months without stopping. Gotta love Oregon.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll start. We got some snow in the hills around here today so I went up to see how the LR3 w/ BFG's dealt with it.

Sorry to go slightly off topic, but how is the highway ride with the BFG's? Any vibrations up at 85-90(not on snow though!) ?

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to go slightly off topic, but how is the highway ride with the BFG's? Any vibrations up at 85-90(not on snow though!) ?

There really isn't anywhere around here were I can go that fast legally as the freeways top out at 65mph. That said, I usually drive at more like 75mph on them (when they aren't snowy) and have had no vibration issues. They have slightly more road noise than the GYs that came on the truck which is surprising and just another bit of evidence that tends to show that the GYs suck.

I've probably gotten up to 85-90 while passing so when I say that I've never noticed odd vibrations from them you can draw your own conclusions. I will say that they are heavier so the truck doesn't drive exactly the same. That said, if you wanted a sports car/suv, you bought the wrong vehicle. :cool:

KyRover

Reaction score
No snow here in central Kentucky yet, but here's a picture from last Christmas in Michigan.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink