Scratch Remover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but there are a couple things in this world that I'm pretty passionate about that I continually spend money on, always looking for the next best thing:

1. Salsas
2. Zinfandels
3. Car polishes/waxes

When it comes to car polishes/waxes, I've already given my feedback on Zaino. I've tried every polish/wax under the sun (except P21) and have found Zaino to be unbeatable. Having said that, I have yet to find a good scratch remover - most of them seem to not do anything.

Fortunately, I read a little blurb about Quixx and decided to give it a try. You can buy it at any car store, or online at places like Amazon.

product.jpg

It comes with two little tubes of goop - one for removing the scratch and one for polishing the paint/clear coat after removing the scratch. It also comes with a small amount of 3000 grit sand paper for wet sanding deep scratches.

Now clearly nothing is going to remove a scratch that is down through the clearcoat and paint (or at least leave any paint behind :biggrin:), but this stuff sounded pretty good, so I thought I'd give it try (I'd previously tried ScratchX and Zaino's scratch remover with limited success). I have to admit, I was really impressed. We had lots of super light scratches from driving "through" trees when offroad - this removed them completely with minimal effort. I was very impressed.

But we also had one massive scratch on the back of the car by the tailgate. It was there when we bought it, and has bothered me every since. It is a deep scratch - deep enough that you could easily catch your finger nail in it.

0a51cbe8f1c44c459c940257834eaead

I wasn't holding out much hope that this stuff would help with it, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I started with some very light wet sanding - this immediately made it start to look better. I then went through the two tubes of goop and it turned out pretty darn good in my opinion:

9980a1ef31234d2f912ab600938f7079

For the $14 I spent on it at PepBoys, I would give this an A-. I was very happy.

Incase anyone is wondering on my first two passions, I have yet to find a store bought salsa that compares to fresh salsas, and my two favorite Zins (at this point in time) are Campus Oaks Old Vine and Gnarly Head. Both are from Lodi, California and around $10-$12 a bottle - fantastic.

-Rich

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635