Seat belt sensor/warning behavior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone test the behavior of their seat belt light/chime/warning for me? I hate the seat belt chime too, but after a recent battery service, the warning stopped functioning completely. The dealership just reset some modules in the vehicle and indicated it is now behaving normally, but I'm not certain that's the case.

I had recalled that, when the driver's belt was unbuckled, the light would remain lit at all times until it was buckled, unless it was flashing. And that the light would come on if you unbuckled after being buckled.

- if you drive with no belt on, will the light be lit solid for 20-30 seconds or so, then go dark, then cycle between flashing/chiming or dark?

- if you unbuckle at any time while the truck is in drive or in motion, will the light and warning come back on?

I also can't recall how the passenger seat belt warning should behave (or if there is one).

Frankly, I don't really care about the seat belt sensor at all, but I don't want funky behavior with the seat belt sensors to cause some malfunction with the airbags (I don't even know if this is possible).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9