Second set of Tires, Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilbert 2

Reaction score
Hi there, I have a 06 LR3 with 18 inch wheels. My summer tires are toyo open country H/T. I live in Canada and will be putting winter tires on soon. I was wondering if there is a tire out there that is very good in snow and off road as well. I was thinking about putting on the toyo's for summer road driving and then switch to a snow/off road tires when I go off road in summer. Any sugestions or recomendations would be great.
Thanks
Gilbert, Ottawa Canada

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you've enjoyed those Toyo's I think you can fit the Open Country A/Ts as well. The Cooper Zeon LTZ is the tire of choice though it seems. Nitto Grapplers have been well received as well.

roverall

Reaction score
Hi there, I have a 06 LR3 with 18 inch wheels. My summer tires are toyo open country H/T. I live in Canada and will be putting winter tires on soon. I was wondering if there is a tire out there that is very good in snow and off road as well. I was thinking about putting on the toyo's for summer road driving and then switch to a snow/off road tires when I go off road in summer. Any sugestions or recomendations would be great.
Thanks
Gilbert, Ottawa Canada

There is really no such tire that will perform well in the Snow and Off Road. Snow tires are made with a different rubber compound that works in low temperatures. I am not saying that some off road tires wont be fine in the snow, but it isn't what they are made for.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a note that the latest Consumer Report has a comprehensive test of SUV all-season and AT tires.

As far as AT tires, the Pirelli AT-R and Yoko A/T-S were one and two (just glanced at it, but will go back and buyit). The General AT2 was dead-last, if memory serves me right.

I agreed with their ratings of the Yoko, as I have these tires. They rated the Michelin's a little lower than I would have thought; albeit my experience with these tires is limited to my frequent borrowing of my brother In-law's 2007 Tundra with a 3" OME.

dtmelm

Reaction score
Snow/offroad Tires

Interesting on the ratings...

I have the Pirelli Ice & Snow for winter (and they are really awesome)...

I've destroyed my POS GY'rs and although the local dealer reco's the AT2's, I'm going to put the Pirelli ATR's on in the spring (when the winter tires come off). I can't find any real data from other LR owners but everything I read says they're a good tire and capable offroad...Let me know if you go with them and I'll post what I find once the spring comes around...

D.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak