Selling the LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G'day Davidinseattle. Naturally I was referring to a "dual-range" transfer case. No idea why LR would build a single-range LR4 - only for Nth. America I guess? Never sold in that configuration in Oz.
I don't believe that U.S. buyers had the chance to buy the diesel Chrysler 300 - it's a brilliant motor. 14
years since new my 300 has had no problems at all. The V6 gas engine is crap - the SRT V8 is great but
eats brakes. My 3.0Lt diesel cruises all day above the speed limit - Sydney to Melbourne - 600 miles at
42mpg (US gals) That same diesel was also available here in Jeep Grand Cherokee & RAM 1500 as an
option and in the Maserati Levante SUV.
Enjoy the big Lincoln, but don't try the great trails near Moab.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

For the folks that were interested, given the current events with Russia/Ukraine and what I think are going to be sustained, higher pump prices, I've cancelled my Navigator order. Getting a vehicle north of $100k that does 16 mpg just didn't feel right. So, we switched our order to a Mach-e GT and plan to keep our LR4.

90%+ of my wife's driving is with her and our three kids within 25 miles of our house. For that, she can use the Mach-e. When she wants to take a trip with grandma and the girls and/or + me, we can take the Land Rover.

This flip of the switch did end up costing more at the Mach-e is more than the difference between the land rover resale value and the cost of the Navigator, but I feel pretty good about it. I wasn't real keen on getting rid of the land rover anyway, so this solves our problem and makes me wince a bit less when fuel prices climb.

thanks all for the interest. Sorry for the flip flopping.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a great move, to be honest. We have an e-Golf for city duty, and the LR4 for family trips, and it works out really well. For city duty, the only thing I miss from the LR4 is the heated steering wheel.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a great move, to be honest. We have an e-Golf for city duty, and the LR4 for family trips, and it works out really well. For city duty, the only thing I miss from the LR4 is the heated steering wheel.
thanks for the real world insight. Fortunately the Mach-e comes with heated steering wheel as I'd miss that too! We were able to get handfree driving and self parking too, so my wife is pretty excited. She did hate giving up those Lincoln 30 way massage seats though!

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I’ve been looking at e-Golfs, what kind of real life range are you getting?

Realistically I only need 60 miles of highway driving, in the summer heat (Phoenix)

Would love to stop driving my Disco as much as I do.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We only charge ours to 80%, so that reduces the range, but got a 2018 SEL with the bigger battery and heat pump. Range definitely drops considerably in the winter on cold days, I've seen it as low as 60-ish miles in the mornings. I think in the summer we're getting about 3.8mi/kwh, in the winter closer to 3mi/kwh. I recently put better tires on (the only maintenance in 3 years of ownership) and now tend to drive more spiritedly since the tires actually grip the road, so that's brought down the range a bit. On warmer days, even with 80% charge, it will advertise > 100 miles of range. The AC will cool the cabin, but doesn't seem to be as powerful as the unit in my gas powered Golf. I would expect even with max AC set, you'd be able to get 60 miles out of it. You might need a level 2 charger at home then to get it topped up overnight. We only have the 110V level 1 charger, and very rarely need two nights to get it back to 80% charge.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this rather interesting:

jerrygmyers

Reaction score
Update:

For the folks that were interested, given the current events with Russia/Ukraine and what I think are going to be sustained, higher pump prices, I've cancelled my Navigator order. Getting a vehicle north of $100k that does 16 mpg just didn't feel right. So, we switched our order to a Mach-e GT and plan to keep our LR4.

90%+ of my wife's driving is with her and our three kids within 25 miles of our house. For that, she can use the Mach-e. When she wants to take a trip with grandma and the girls and/or + me, we can take the Land Rover.

This flip of the switch did end up costing more at the Mach-e is more than the difference between the land rover resale value and the cost of the Navigator, but I feel pretty good about it. I wasn't real keen on getting rid of the land rover anyway, so this solves our problem and makes me wince a bit less when fuel prices climb.

thanks all for the interest. Sorry for the flip flopping.
Yup same noise down here in Portland. I bought a 2016 BMW i3 back in December not knowing that gas prices was going to increase two fold and I use the i3 for errands, etc and LR4 is strictly for camping trips and mt biking outings.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV