Service interval?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

mwillems

Hey all,

The manual talks about a service interval indicator. But it does not work on my HSE. My dealer just told me fixed interval of 12,000 km (7500 m).

a) Is it possible the service interval is disabled in North America?

b) If so - why?

I am leaving tomorrow morning for a short road trip from Toronto to Fort Worth, Texas - should be a cool drive!

MW

D

discomike

MW
That has been the normal Rover servic per Rover, most of us know to change the oil every 3000 miles.
Mike J.

M

mwillems

OK, so there is no service interval indicator. That's weird on a car this expensive, but I can live with it and will ndeed do as you suggest.

Question: What oil? Synthetic or non? I know 5W-30 but I am loth to mix oil types if I ever have to top it up, and my dealer could not tell me; nor could the LR 1-800 number, they told me to ask the dealer.

D

discomike

If you live in Toronato I would say stick with a 10/30, if you paln on keeping it for a long time I would suggest goping to a synthetic after 12 to 15,000 miles of break in. I use castrol Blend as a partial synthetic and it works well. If you are worried about mixing oils, keep a qt. or 2 at home and add as needed.
Mobil One or Castrol are my favorites.
Mike J.

M

mwillems

OK great, so now it has non-synthetic ex factory? Great, that makes it easier. I'll go to synthetic after breaking in (which I am doing on the highways between Dallas and Toronto, ha ha!) And you say 10W30 - the manual says 5W30. Any reason for that recommended difference?

D

discomike

I like the heavier because of Rovers lack of oil presure when starting. I live in Santa Barbara and run 20/50 with Lucas additive also.
Mike J.

S

simonharper

Just been told by my local LR dealer that the service interval feature was not introduced at a late stage (it made the manual though).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo