Service questions - 64k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine resets the MPG screen automatically when the tank is filled, thought they all did that...?

Hmm, I wasn't aware of this and will have to check. Typical of the way the LR frustrates by not doing some basic electronic things, and delights by doing others you wouldn't expect.

HuskerBred

Reaction score
Oh yeah - forgot to ask if you are reporting MPG from the instrument cluster, or the correct method (miles traveled per odometer reading, divided by number of gallons used).

The instrument cluster is never accurate although it does give you a rough estimate. I had to do the max allowable correction with the Gap IID (7.5%) and the cluster still displays ~5% higher than actual. Mine resets the MPG screen automatically when the tank is filled, thought they all did that...?

I'm using the instrument panel right now, I need to toss a notebook in the glove box to keep track. I didn't realize the cluster could be off that much, thanks for bursting my bubble!! ;)

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you put your ARB bumper on or did you take it to a shop?

I've done all my own work on my LR4. Lots of details, but I just worked on it a few hours each day for about 5 days. Wanted to take my time and get everything done properly. I even drilled the pinning bolts which was a massive pain and required a special low profile right angle drill. I get the feeling that people skip that step which is BAD. Let me know if you need details on anything. The summit bar works just fine on 2010-2013 models even if ARB says its for 2014+.

IMG_20171101_161953-X3.jpg

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's about right. I average 8mpg-12ish in Queens, NY. If i'm on the highway doing 65ish with a slight throttle and no braking for a long stretch i can hit up to 19mpg. Heck i've even got 21mpg at times.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done all my own work on my LR4. Lots of details, but I just worked on it a few hours each day for about 5 days. Wanted to take my time and get everything done properly. I even drilled the pinning bolts which was a massive pain and required a special low profile right angle drill. I get the feeling that people skip that step which is BAD. Let me know if you need details on anything. The summit bar works just fine on 2010-2013 models even if ARB says its for 2014+.

IMG_20171101_161953-X3.jpg
That's awesome. Great work!

Vytec

Reaction score
Here in Austin, TX I'm getting with stock 2014 LR4 HSE with side steps 15-18mpg mixed and I can get 18-21mpg on the highway. New Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform Rack, Batwing awning and rear ladder comes in next week and I'm sure that will definitely impact the MPG for sure. Also looking at adding hidden winch and rock rails so that will probably impact a bit. Will look to go with synthetic vs cable to save weight.

Anyone installed the hidden winch option for 2014 LR4 before? What winch mount do you recommend? Any recommended Winch options? I was thinking of a wireless remote option but open to any suggestions. I had a nice Warn combo winch with air compressor on a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that was all modded out. Was a great winch but definitely won't fit this setup. Would have to obviously look for lower profile ones to fit.

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following up after adding BG44K to a tank prior to a trip...

Took a trip from Seattle to the Olympic National Park. Mix of congested freeway, empty mountain roads and my first off road excursions. Drove roughly 500 miles and averaged around 18mpg. Big increase in mpg over our usual. However, I don’t know how much (if any) is attributed to the bg44k vs driving conditions. Either way, not complaining!

I’ll see how it goes now back to mostly slow city stop and go.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in Austin, TX I'm getting with stock 2014 LR4 HSE with side steps 15-18mpg mixed and I can get 18-21mpg on the highway. New Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform Rack, Batwing awning and rear ladder comes in next week and I'm sure that will definitely impact the MPG for sure. Also looking at adding hidden winch and rock rails so that will probably impact a bit. Will look to go with synthetic vs cable to save weight.

Anyone installed the hidden winch option for 2014 LR4 before? What winch mount do you recommend? Any recommended Winch options? I was thinking of a wireless remote option but open to any suggestions. I had a nice Warn combo winch with air compressor on a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that was all modded out. Was a great winch but definitely won't fit this setup. Would have to obviously look for lower profile ones to fit.

I had the chance to see the voyager hidden winch in person, looks great, super clean and they keep the controller under the hood...I highly, highly considered this. But I also thought...if I am stuck that bad, the hidden winch will probably be buried...so now looking at getting the summit bumper that's shown above by @mbw

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA