Should I bring a Discovery 4 TDV6 to the U.S.?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will relocate to the U.S. (CT) and wanted to figure out if it would be a good idea (or even possible) to bring our Discovery 4 TDV6 with us. What do you think?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES!

So we can all test drive it.

:)

BTW, I love the smell of diesel. Don't know why, just do.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The diesel wont be approved for emissions here, so you might have have some issues.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bring it. I dont see why the emissions won't pass here.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought that might be a problem :ahhhhh: Seems like I'll have to sell the Discovery 4 here in Panama and go for a 2013 HSE V8 when I get there. Still haven't figured out what to get as a second vehicle, but I'm thinking on another 4X4 for the winter... Maybe a new RRS :proud:

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES!

So we can all test drive it.

:)

BTW, I love the smell of diesel. Don't know why, just do.

Count,

You're welcome to take the Discovery for a drive (take it to the beach) if you're ever in Panama (before i leave).

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will relocate to the U.S. (CT) and wanted to figure out if it would be a good idea (or even possible) to bring our Discovery 4 TDV6 with us. What do you think?
Where are you moving to in CT? I lived in CT until about 5.5 years ago when I moved to CA. I lived in Mystic area - near the ocean. You likely will not be able to have your TDV6. A friend of mine there tried to get a Defender, but it wouldn't pass.

If you do bring your Discovery 4 to CT, I will have to see it - I go back to New England about 4-6 times a year! :)

-David

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly you can't bring it to the U.S.A. at least not for 25 years after its build date.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you moving to in CT? I lived in CT until about 5.5 years ago when I moved to CA. I lived in Mystic area - near the ocean. You likely will not be able to have your TDV6. A friend of mine there tried to get a Defender, but it wouldn't pass.

If you do bring your Discovery 4 to CT, I will have to see it - I go back to New England about 4-6 times a year! :)

-David

I'll be about 90 miles west of Mystic closer to NY than to RI.

I'll be working in Bethel and still not sure if we will live right there in Bethel/Danbury, closer to NYC in Wilton (short commute against traffic) or on the coast in Stamford, Norwalk or Fairfield.

Any LR dealer you recommend in CT?

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can bring it to the US, but it will need a bond and proof that it exits the country after one year. Otherwise it will get seized.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM