side step tubes & ground clearance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

toddjb123

how much do the side step tubes RR offers affect ground clearance?

and anyone have a picture of tubes installed?

if its not too much of a burden to off road driving, i'd opt for the tubes. figured i'd ask. (apparently, if i have accessories written up at the time of purchase they are covered by the full 4 year car warranty, otherwise they're only a year, thus the question now).

like 'em. just want to know if there is a strong argument not to get them. most of my off road driving would be sand, snow, mud, ruts, etc. probably not a lock of rock crawling.

thanks,
-todd

D

disco1

These side steps are custom made with polished stainless steel, are hollow, and carry extra water & engine oil off-road. I guess these look exactly the same as what you are looking at. As I off-road on a weekly basis, and do not have a lift, I have not had any issues with it, except that accasionally it will pick up the odd stick.

Attachments

• 4.6L Stainless steel Nurfbar.jpg
    4.6L Stainless steel Nurfbar.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 87
T

toddjb123

Great pictures, thanks! It looks like they pretty much just come out the side and don't drop down much at all. I thought the entire bar would be below the base of the body, but it looks great the way it is.

Interesting to hear about those custom made ones that carry extra liquid along. Never heard of that before.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635