Side Steps Nerf Bars Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarcusTriton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for a step rather than a slider, maybe you could find someone who has replaced the factory running boards and buy their take-offs?
Funny thing is, I have the takeoffs.
I bought new sidesteps(the flat ones) but the look would be "caddy looking" so I never installed them...
So I have the take-offs,(the hardware I presume?) what's next then?

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is, I have the takeoffs.
I bought new sidesteps(the flat ones) but the look would be "caddy looking" so I never installed them...
So I have the take-offs,(the hardware I presume?) what's next then?

I think the black plastic sill trim will have to be removed so you can cut the openings for the brackets to go through.

Edit -- quick google turned up this video...

Last edited:

MarcusTriton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still haven't found running boards that look decent...
Every damn US and foreign truck manufacturer has tons of cool looking options for side steps, yet there is not one that will fit a 2010-2012 LR4...
Somebody's missing a profitable opportunity...SMDH...
Any alternatives?

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still haven't found running boards that look decent...
Every damn US and foreign truck manufacturer has tons of cool looking options for side steps, yet there is not one that will fit a 2010-2012 LR4...
Somebody's missing a profitable opportunity...SMDH...
Any alternatives?
ugh...I'm with you on this. I had the OEM steps and they were fine until they rotted off...I replaced them with identical aftermarket that are now rotting off. I want something that's more like a hoop step/nerf bar. Eventually this might be an overlander rig but for now I don't need crazy heavy weight/duty sliders with steps but it seems that's the path I might have to go to get something decent. These look nice but will require some work to put on: https://www.rocky-road.com/lr4-rock-sliders.html

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
If you want a set like the one you first posted brand new in box, I have a set made for the LR3 and it'll fit the LR4. I don't quite remember what material it's made out of, but I can take some pics of it.

MarcusTriton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ugh...I'm with you on this. I had the OEM steps and they were fine until they rotted off...I replaced them with identical aftermarket that are now rotting off. I want something that's more like a hoop step/nerf bar. Eventually this might be an overlander rig but for now I don't need crazy heavy weight/duty sliders with steps but it seems that's the path I might have to go to get something decent. These look nice but will require some work to put on: https://www.rocky-road.com/lr4-rock-sliders.html

MarcusTriton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input...I've seen Rocky Roads products and I like the engineering, but I'm not that impressed. They look heavy, they don't have foot pads and don't look like they stick out enough. I'll probably have some custom made locally and when I do, I'll post pics. Best regards...

MarcusTriton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want a set like the one you first posted brand new in box, I have a set made for the LR3 and it'll fit the LR4. I don't quite remember what material it's made out of, but I can take some pics of it.
Pics would be most appreciated...
Thank you for your time...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut