silent armour

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all ready been of road with them. I used johnson rods and had no rubbing at all. it sits up pretty high. The truck is in extended mode when i put it in off rd. mode

Attachments

• calamigos 2-1.jpg
    calamigos 2-1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 86
  • calamigos 2-3.jpg
    calamigos 2-3.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Trynian

Reaction score
all ready been of road with them. I used johnson rods and had no rubbing at all. it sits up pretty high. The truck is in extended mode when i put it in off rd. mode

Yes I know all about the rod mod and how it works and what the new height is. Traveled over many offroad scenarios in super extended mode and even with only 31.7 " tires some rubbing occures.

You probably didn't do anything on the LR Thousand Oaks Wheels event to cause full articulation or didn't notice that you did. Such as one side down and one side high. The articulation range doesn't change with a rod mod, only the height it sits at while level. Maybe you will never do anything that does but sooner or later you will hit a bump to hard or a rutt that will bounce you down.

After a couple of off-road trips closer inspection will probably show some rubbing in the front of the rear wheel well. You never hear it happen unless you do it at speed. Never seen one yet that didn't with or without rods on any tire over 31.5".

Last edited:

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info I will keep my ears and eyes open

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo