Some suspension fault codes this morning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing fell in the switch that I know of, and I haven't had to clean anything out.

Only other thing I can think of is maybe a sunroof drain clogged and I got water running inside the driver-side footwell around where the EAS ECU is? But I looked around and didn't see any signs of that.

I got a decent relationship with my service advisor at my dealership from both my CPO warranty days and going to my dealership's off road events, so hopefully I don't get screwed. I'm hoping they can just pinpoint what's wrong and I can then proceed with more focus. I'm curious what happens if the problem is electrical, though. Will they find the wiring issue, or will they just want to replace the whole wiring EAS wiring harness? Guess I'll find out.

I appreciate all the help you've given, though. Even though none of my efforts have proven fruitful, the good thing is that they all were things that probably needed to be done eventually anyway.

Last edited:

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing fell in the switch that I know of, and I haven't had to clean anything out.

Only other thing I can think of is maybe a sunroof drain clogged and I got water running inside the driver-side footwell around where the EAS ECU is? But I looked around and didn't see any signs of that.

I got a decent relationship with my service advisor at my dealership from both my CPO warranty days and going to my dealership's off road events, so hopefully I don't get screwed. I'm hoping they can just pinpoint what's wrong and I can then proceed with more focus. I'm curious what happens if the problem is electrical, though. Will they find the wiring issue, or will they just want to replace the whole wiring EAS wiring harness? Guess I'll find out.

I appreciate all the help you've given, though. Even though none of my efforts have proven fruitful, the good thing is that they all were things that probably needed to be done eventually anyway.

I’d almost just pay the shop time for diagnosis and if it’s something that you can fix, go that route (if the repair is labor intensive or can use a patch job and they want full replacement). Sounds like you’re pretty capable mechanically.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d almost just pay the shop time for diagnosis and if it’s something that you can fix, go that route (if the repair is labor intensive or can use a patch job and they want full replacement). Sounds like you’re pretty capable mechanically.

That's my plan. Just using them initially for diagnosis only. After that, only using them to fix it if the parts/labor aren't much and it can get done right away. Dealer part-prices for the compressor and the ECU lead me to believe I won't have them do either of those of they're the culprit.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the dealer this morning...

">

Got a loaner Disco Sport. Brand new.

My feelings about this vehicle aside, it seems like Land Rover finally figured out their satnav/stereo interface, at least based on the 15 minutes I was driving it this morning.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, the dealer's verdict is that the exhaust valve inside the compressor is bad. The dealer's solution would be to replace the whole compressor, which would run around $1,500.

Even if replacing the whole compressor is what I wind up doing, I'll just do that job myself.

But I'm more interested in seeing if I can just replace the exhaust valve, considering this same dealership replaced the entire compressor in August 2018, so everything else on it is new. I've seen some stuff online about it, but nothing definitive.

I see some parts on ebay. Like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LAND-R...SOLENOID-VALVE-LR3-LR4-RR-SPORT-/232982460115

But I'd like to figure out if that's the solution, and, if it is, why the dealer isn't offering that as an option considering it looks to be an official Land Rover part.

EDIT: Just called Lucky 8, and they said I'd have to replace the whole compressor.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, the dealer's verdict is that the exhaust valve inside the compressor is bad. The dealer's solution would be to replace the whole compressor, which would run around $1,500.

Even if replacing the whole compressor is what I wind up doing, I'll just do that job myself.

But I'm more interested in seeing if I can just replace the exhaust valve, considering this same dealership replaced the entire compressor in August 2018, so everything else on it is new. I've seen some stuff online about it, but nothing definitive.

I see some parts on ebay. Like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LAND-R...SOLENOID-VALVE-LR3-LR4-RR-SPORT-/232982460115

But I'd like to figure out if that's the solution, and, if it is, why the dealer isn't offering that as an option considering it looks to be an official Land Rover part.

EDIT: Just called Lucky 8, and they said I'd have to replace the whole compressor.

Didn’t you just do the compressor a little while ago?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn’t you just do the compressor a little while ago?

Yeah, the dealer did in August 2018. Must be a bad part? I'll have to figure out a bit more about the diagnosis when I go pick it up in a few hours. I assume they are able to determine what sort of signal the compressor is getting so they know the problem isn't upstream.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this guy had a similar problem. Once again, looks like it was a wiring issue.

I think my plan is to just order a new compressor. When I get it, I'll remove my old one and really poke around and see if I can find any issues. The guy in the above video had to pull apart his compressor's wiring loom to find his wiring issue.

If I don't see anything, I'll put in the new compressor. If I do find something, I'll fix it and see if that works and I can return the new compressor.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72