Some suspension fault codes this morning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Patrick at GAP had me do the following:

Menu > Service Test > Suspension

Re-enable
Set Normal Tolerance
Build Mode

After doing all 3 of those in succession, the orange triangle disappeared. The height selector said it was at off-road height. When I hit the down button, the orange triangle appeared again. Looking at the faults, the U3000 fault is gone now and I have the C1A36-01 "Exhaust valve - General failure information - general electrical failure" fault again.

So, I guess my software issue is addressed, but now I'm back to this weird exhaust valve issue I was at to start.

Not sure what my next step will be. I may call my dealer and find out exactly what was replaced with my compressor back in August '18. If they just replaced the compressor, but kept the old dryer and other stuff, that could be the issue. If not, i have no idea.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Patrick at GAP believes I have a wiring issue.

C1A36-01 Exhaust Valve - General electrical failure
NOTE:
Circuit reference EXH_V_POS / EXH_V_NEG

Pilot exhaust valve circuit short circuit to ground, open circuit, high resistance
Refer to the electrical circuit diagrams and check the pilot exhaust valve circuit for short circuit to ground, open circuit, high resistance

Attachments

• Wiring_RLM.pdf
    111.9 KB · Views: 100

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Patrick at GAP believes I have a wiring issue.
He thought I had a short on my throttle body too...and it ended up being a computer reset for me...

not saying that’s not it...but also trying to not rule out a more obvious cause.

so when you go to lower suspension, it’s not dropping but giving the fault. Correct?

just want to make sure I understand symptoms.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked with my service adviser at the dealer. He told me the entire compressor assembly would have been replaced when they did the job back in August '18, so that would include the dryer and the EAS exhaust muffler. I'm leaning on it being a wiring issue, as every search result I can find with this same error code comes up with a wiring issue being the culprit.

Service adviser also advised he believes it would only take them an hour or so to find it, so I temeritously made an appointment there, figuring the dealer will probably source the problem twice as fast as an indie who's unfamiliar with EAS. And, the dealer gives out free loaners.

December 11 is the soonest I can get in and get a loaner, so that gives me a few more weeks to look for anything obvious.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so when you go to lower suspension, it’s not dropping but giving the fault. Correct?

just want to make sure I understand symptoms.

Yeah, it essentially locks out the height selector and won't raise or lower. No status on the height selector is illuminated after it throws the code.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think its your compressor ryan. Did you see this thread. Maybe a worn wire?

https://www.landroverworld.org/threads/suspension-fault-c1a36-01.29216/page-3

Yeah, that's what I was thinking it could be. I messaged Churious to see how he eventually found the worn wire, and he said his indie just happened to look at the wiring above the compressor and see it. He said someone had apparently probed the wire at some point in the past, and the wire began to corrode where it was probed.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I was thinking it could be. I messaged Churious to see how he eventually found the worn wire, and he said his indie just happened to look at the wiring above the compressor and see it. He said someone had apparently probed the wire at some point in the past, and the wire began to corrode where it was probed.

I’d look close to all the looms for signs of wear. Do you have a wsm? It diagrams pretty clearly where they are.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, for a 2011. All I see is the wiring in the images for other components, though (similar to the images you posted in this thread).

Is there a section devoted to the location of the wiring harness? If so, I haven't found it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72