Squeaking at low speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RRSSfosho

Reaction score
2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged w/ 95k miles. I'm experiencing a squeaking noise from the undercarriage at low speeds when going over bumps and driveways. Still very difficult to tell if it's coming from the front or rear of the car.

On the freeway (even through bumps) I'm not nearly experiencing the same sound when going over bumps.

Please refer to this video I captured while pulling into a driveway:

I have also observed the "Normal Height Only" warning light trigger twice in the past week. The warning lights went away on the next restart of the vehicle. Could the issues be related?

Any help is appreciated.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the control arm bushings - were they ever changed? Though, with the normal height only message, might be something else going on here. Did you check for any codes?

You might want to post this up on the LR4 forum, which is more active. Several people there with suspension experience. This model RRS and the LR4 are essentially the same car, just different body.

RRSSfosho

Reaction score
Maybe the control arm bushings - were they ever changed? Though, with the normal height only message, might be something else going on here. Did you check for any codes?

You might want to post this up on the LR4 forum, which is more active. Several people there with suspension experience. This model RRS and the LR4 are essentially the same car, just different body.

Confirming 0 codes on my code reader.

Would I be able to hear a difference between control arm bushing and sway bar bushings? Just trying to identify the issue so I don't end up doing multiple repairs.

Any additional help is appreciated!

RRSSfosho

Reaction score
Turns out the driver's side lower control arm bushing that was causing the noise and the front strut assembly needed to be replaced (which was related to the normal height only). Hopefully this helps other owners out there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA