Squeaky Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR_TANK

Reaction score
Hi guys

It's been a while since i have posted in here, school and work keep me pretty much occupied now a days. So lately i have been getting this squeaky noise whenever i accelerate from a complete stop. i dont know if its a pulley , the rear u-joint and rubber coupler, or something else. Im pretty sure its not the front ones because i had them both replace like 6 months ago. so does any one has an idea to wat could it be?? btw its a 96 Disco 1 w/ 113k

Thanks in advance guys.

floridarover

Reaction score
Is it under normal acceleration or hard acceleration? Does it not do it if you are turning right or left from a stop? When was last time you greased fittings on u-joints?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Squeaky noise, check the S-belt tension pulley.

LR_TANK

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the answer and sorry for the late responce but school just started and and i have been busy the 1st week. The front u-joints are brand new proly like 3-5 months old and im working on the back one im trying to remove the rubber coupler cus it needs the replacement. as for the noise i havent checked the tensioner but i will once i get a chance and ill add a bit more of grease to the front ones, thanks again

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635