Squishy Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so.. got about 19.5K miles on my 06 SE V8. still on the original tires.. but they will be switched out before year end. i have been compiling a list of problems i need the dealer to address next week when i bring it in.. and i think i have found something to add.. so, i thought i would ask the group to see if anyone else has experienced this..

this morning, when i got in the lr3, it felt like the break peddle was "dead". when i went to park the lr3, putting the breaks on with the normal pressure, i over shot the parking and almost ran into my house. its the weirdest thing.. no break noise or problems to date, then all of a sudden, i wake up and drive this morning and it feels like my breaks are going out.

i just went and "played" in the street to see if i was imagining things.. but.. same exact feel. usually, when i "slam" on the breaks, the thing responds right away. but, i basically had to push my hardest to get the truck to stop.

anybody got any thoughts?

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thoughts??? Yes, take it in before someone gets killed.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get it picked up

DON'T FOOL WITH IT!
Call Roadside Service, have it picked up. Don't take the risk.

PeterParnham

Reaction score
Ours went a little squishy, more noticable when I bought a new car recently. The LR is in for its 22,500 service and it turns out I am down to 3mm on the front pads and 4mm on the rears. Apparently they need to be changed. I am being charged $470 per axle. I hope that helps

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99