Sudden Acceleration While Parking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greg00

Reaction score
These are Terrafirma tree bars. Quality is good. Construction wise, they don‘t stick out enough to use as sill steps but still make your pants dirty. That‘s fine for me because I was after a lower profile look. For travelling we try to maintain an urban (speak „normal“) look as much as possible. So on the outside no headlight guards, offroad bumper, antenna and all other gear the overland industry try to sell you.
I was deciding between Alucab and The Bush Company RTT, tried both and chose Bush Company because of it‘s clever construction. It‘s build like a self supporting roof rack and can be mounted directly on regular D3 long rails with custom spacers I made out of PU blocks (or PE ... can‘t remember) - no need for load bars!! That way it’s only ca. 9 inch high from rail to top of the tent and it still has plenty of cargo space for bedding and ladder. It‘s a great RTT with smart functional design. Unfortunately quality is not on par with Alucab. All „stainless steel“ parts like hinges and gas struts are already starting to rust ... no snow and street salt in SA :stupido2:

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very informative, thank you. I haven't taken the plunge on a RTT, but I just helped a buddy mount one on his Tacoma. We camp together quite often so I'm gonna see it in action. Maybe that will compel me to get one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV