Sunroof Wind Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

voltaire1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can replace the seal around the sunroof? At speed 50 MPH and up, I get a wind noise. It's not a whistle, just the sound of wind moving over an rigid surface. The roof dosent leak, but I've determined by using painters tape that it's the seal on the sunroof. Is it possible or would I have to purchase the entire sunroof unit? If so, where could I get it besides the dealer? The dealer in Jackson, MS may be the wost service/parts dealer in the nation.

2005 LR3 HSE
59K miles.

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried adjusting the sunroof alignment? Not sure if it was this forum or another, but somebody gave instructions on how to adjust it.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried adjusting the sunroof alignment? Not sure if it was this forum or another, but somebody gave instructions on how to adjust it.

+1...i had my sunroof replaced and the dealer didnt adjust it properly...if im not mistaked just use an allen wrench to get it sitting flush

obsteve

Reaction score
Are you sure its the sunroof? I Just spent six hours on the freeway coming back from Death Valley listening to the roof rack channel cover next to the sunroof buzz. I thought it was the sunroof at first, but under certain conditions the tape (for the lack of a better term) buzzes like crazy.

acsubie

Reaction score
my sunroof was getting some wind noise and the dealer diagnosed it as a faulty weatherstrip on the glass. And ofcourse the weatherstrip is only sold with the sunroof glass so thet'll set me back $600+

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut