Tailgate weight rating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoorLifeDecisions

Reaction score
Anyone know the max weight weight that can be placed on top of an open tailgate? Essentially trying to figure out how many people can safely sit on top of it.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked for this as well, could never find it. D5 is 440lbs and it’s powered, so it’s gotta be around that.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait. D5 has a tailgate?

Motorized flip-down panel. Doesn't stick out much over the bumper.

D11D5597.jpg

url

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha ha ok, I didn't consider that a tailgate. More of a panel to keep the grocery bags from falling out thing. And it's motorized? FML.

Yeah, I looked at a couple of D5s. Could use it in a pinch to change shoes or something, but its def not a food prep table like the D4.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recall the rating being such that two adults could stand on it. As an engineer, I'd have to design it to a minimum of 200kg (440lbs) to be able to make that claim worldwide. When I designed a machine cover to be able to take an adult (as in 1 factory worker), I used 300lbs as a target.

I'd be amazed if it is not rated for at least 400lbs and probably as much as 600lbs.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA