Terrafirma hidden winch install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm honestly more triggered that I need to cut out a lot more of my bumper because of the spacers that are required. Not to mention, shear loads on those spacers probably aren't the greatest idea.

Last night I took the winch tray off and put everything back to stock, minus the crash bar nuts that I punched out.

I was quoted around $1700 for the Prospeed Mount + Bullbar. Without the bullbar was about $1000.

5-7 weeks to ship it to the states.

I'm tempted to just fabricate my own mount at this point. I can get a winch tray laser cut, bent, and powder coated for less than the Terrafirma mount.

It might take me 2 attempts to get the measurements correct but I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. Pretty disappointed with the Terrafirma.

Orrr I might just throw money at this problem and go with the Prospeed.....

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the devon4x4 mount better than the prospeed one if you’re loading up the parts cannon. It looks like (and probably functions the same as) the original crash structure more than any other kit.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too debated the D44 and the Prospeed before stumbling into a used ARB Summit. The Prospeed with the lightbar is just so aesthetic with the front of the truck and I can't imagine it wouldn't be up to the actual job of winching. And the D44 is sweet too with the recovery loops up front. But you ARE gonna pay for those things. I love my Summit, but it's just so damn heavy I'm considering hidden options.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
If you go down that route @CRYA, I'll take that bumper off your hands. I need to counterbalance my rear.

LR4HD

Reaction score
I installed the D44 hidden winch in my 2011 LR4. I really like it. I considered the other options. I have the front cameras; I was concerned, but couldn't confirm, that the bull bar on the prospeed is in the same location as the cameras.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have the front cameras. I don’t think I’m going to go with the bull bar if I buy the prospeed.

I currently have two CAD models of mounts that I might manufacture. Cheaper than any other option at this point.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72