The obligatory "Show off your LR3' thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never been . . . guy at work suggested it . . . anybody else ever been there (i would assume so . . .)

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We did it back in May. Should be nice up there this time of year as well.
DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pics Boaz!

The SoCal and Colorado folks have some nice scenic places to go wheeling.

ChuckD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little Talbot Island, FL One of the last few places on the east coast you can drive directly on the beach.

LittleTalbotIsland.jpg

Outer Banks of N. Carolina allows miles of beach driving... with certain times closed due to bird and turtle breeding, hatching.

ChuckD

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome stuff folks. Keep it comin. I can't wait to hit the trails. :)

Bad Bonez BJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sunday, 12/13/09, I attended a Land Rover sponsored off-road event in the rolling hills of Virginia. The site was the previous site of the Mid-Atlantic Rally 2009, Carolina County, Virginia on 700 acres of Airy Hill Farm. LR Richmond & Overland Experts LLC hosted the event and Rover Owner's of Virginia (ROAV.ORG) Staff Members were lending a hand when needed. We had a great time, but the weather did not cooperate at all.

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn93/blackmbj/Airy Hill Farm Land Rover Outing 12-13-09/

Rovers of all styles
CIMG1833.JPG

Had some trouble on a steep hill, just needed some more momentum to make it up
CIMG1861.JPG

Oversize All-terrain tires and two inches of extra lift helped
CIMG1862.JPG

Last picture before camera battery bit the dust. Have lots of videos but in wrong format to post anywhere.
CIMG1864.JPG

FWIW: We had to have all recovery-points readily available due to the great weather we were having. The plastic cover was still over the front recovery point and due to the poor design of that bush bar, I had to break the cover to remove it. (Off in picture) I'll have to do some surgery on it, splint it, and custom fit it back to the vehicle.

BJ

Last edited:

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VERY nice . . . I'm thinking about the on up in Carmel . . . but it's like $900 or something like that . . .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72