The obligatory "Show off your LR3' thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as always Nathan and all you other serious offroaders you have increadible pics . . . we wanna be's (well at least me) are SERIOUSLY impressed . . . and it keeps us wanting to get out there!!

vivaldi1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok,

So I cheated. I have an LR4. But I love this pic on the beach....

Attachments

• IMG_0646.jpg
    IMG_0646.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 611

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR4 pics are welcome anytime for me!

Sharp, how do you like it so far? What interior do you have?

tongagrnlr3

Reaction score
main divide road on sunday 10/10/10

Attachments

• RSCN0273.1.jpg
    RSCN0273.1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 582
Last edited:

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple pics from the National Rally in Moab...

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

-Paul

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Paul!

On an unrelated note, how's that CB antenna location work for you? I had the same sort of set up, and it was blind to any signal coming in front of me. Proper antenna location needs a base plane like the roof or hood to work well. it's difficult to get a good setup on the LR3. HAM is so much better!

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nathan!

As for the CB antenna, it only kind of sucks.:smile: I used a NGP antenna (like for fiberglass boats), which doesn't have as strong of a need for the metal reflective surface. It's also not nearly as tune-able as a standard antenna, so I can only get several hundred yards receiving distance (a little further transmitting)...which is OK for tightly packed trail runs, but is pretty terrible for any sort of exploration. I'm probably going to try a new antenna setup after the winter. Been thinking about making the switch to HAM, but none of my friends or the folks in my club use it. Kind of defeats the purpose when you can't talk to the people in your group!

-Paul

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4