The Seafoam Picture and Instruction Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudquest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....A lot is right. I performed this operation today on my disco II - worked quite well. The help and info within this thread was extremely hepful. Thanks.

Did I say, a LOT of smoke? Runs very smooth at idle now.

Cheers,
J

R

roverlover

Testosterone neutralizer

Does anybody know where to a good supply of testosterone neutralizer could be had? Think I'll pass it around and let a everybody take a drag. Those who need it the most it will work great on and the others, it will have not effect on.

H

hawaii109

So What Happened, Kevin?

Hey Kevin, many months have passed, and here I am still at the cliffhanger part of the story! ;)

So what happened when you took it to the dealer? What did they say?

Also, Moose, you've got to be just about the most patient guy out there. Good on you, mate! Thanks again.

Murf

Reaction score
I've been having a similar problem on my '99 Disco II so I thought I'd give this method a try.

I did see where several people said it would make a lot of smoke.

What I did not expect was an airplane circling my place to guide the Firemen in to investigate the cause. :ahhhhh:

Apparently a really dirty Disco engine can be seen from quite some miles away!

Oooops.

genocchio

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a Disco 1 and was thinking of using sea foam. I saw the picture of where to place it on a Disco 2 and was wondering if someone knew where to put it on a Disco 1. I am getting one P0300 code and two P1447 codes.

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...does anyone read the post he says...whart part PICTURE don't you understand?? maybe some are not as mechanically inclined. Can you tell me where on the chest of an adult you would insert a needle to temporarily relieve a tension pneumothorax? I could tell you that it is on the second intercostal space mid clavicular...but I bet a picture would really help.

You left off the critical part about which side the ER X-ray (a picture) shows the pneumothorax. You're gonna need a picture! :)

archstud

Reaction score
Great write up! My friend mentioned this before an helped me tonight on my 1997 Discovery I with the 4.0L and manual transmission.

We used the brake booster line instead of the one in the picture and as an added bonus my brakes respond better!

Every so often my ABS would kick on while stopping on flat city roads and have me not stopping... Well (knock on wood) so far they are smoother and more responsive! We suspect that there may have been debris in the line that got cleaned from our procedure.

Definitely worth doing the seafoam...

Oh and in regards to smoke... Do it late at night with little or no traffic around because it looks like something out of a James Bond movie with a smoke screen behind you! Had a few cars pull over and honk at me ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA