Tipping Over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Houm stated, the icon in question is a suspension fault. The LR3 is not currently equipped with a rollover alert.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an icon that looks like the truck is going to roll one way or the other. I have been told by our all knowing infalible dealer network that it is a tip over warning. Of course, those who choose to read the manual will know the real answer.

Page 101:

"Suspension- AMBER/RED
Illuminates amber when a
suspension fault occurs which still
allows the vehicle to be driven
normally. If the symbol flashes red, the vehicle
should be driven slowly until qualified
assistance can be obtained.
The first illumination of the indicator will be
accompanied by a warning chime.'

HOWEVER, on page 277 (changing your tires), there is this interesting tidbit:

'Tilt Sensor*
Your vehicle is fitted with a tilt sensor which
activates the alarm if the vehicle is tilted fore
and aft, or side to side, after it has been locked.
If you wish to have the doors locked while
jacking up the vehicle, for any reason, lock the
doors by pressing the lock button on the
remote handset twice within three seconds."

Last edited:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, Adam Spiker has a photo somewhere (can't find it now) of his level gauge pegged at 45 degrees, taken with a full roof rack in off road mode going down one of these Colorado passes:

oxvrr1ca.Large.jpg

30 degrees is enough to get YOUR attention, but your LR3 is just barely yawning with boredom.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had this fault off road before, and what happened was I went from slightly tilting one way
to the other quicker than what the truck wanted. I was to understand this was
taken care of with a software update. Have not seen it since.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...yawning at 30 degrees fore/aft maybe, but not a 30-degree side-slope...I think that would have the LR3's attention too!

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
duck_dive, can you post a bigger picture of the level-thingy? where did you get it and how accurate is it?

according to the specs on the LR site, it looks like side slope is 35 degrees continuous..

so here is a newb questions.. what is a degree continuous? are they just saying i can drive at a 35 degree angle continuously without tipping?

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
duck_dive, can you post a bigger picture of the level-thingy? where did you get it and how accurate is it?

according to the specs on the LR site, it looks like side slope is 35 degrees continuous..

so here is a newb questions.. what is a degree continuous? are they just saying i can drive at a 35 degree angle continuously without tipping?

Go to 4by4connection.com then click on interior accessories.

Reaction score
tilt

I have been at 35 degrees. The first time you will think you are about to roll but remember how damn heavy these trucks and how much of that weight is low down. Get an aftermarket guage and you will not have to worry. And if you get it abover 40 degrees take a picture and hope you don't hit a bump!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo