Tire Compressor location suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey NAS how did you fit a HAM radio under the seat? any pics and hints for the install? Thanks
Chris

Sorry Chris, just noticed this. I used a Kenwood TM-D710G mostly for the APRS capability. I have an older Icom in my d90 but really liked this Kenwood setup. The pics I took tonight are a bit dark. But, you can remote mount the head unit by trimming a very small amount of metal from the head bracket and wedging it under the dash lip. It is completely stable/solid. The main unit fits under the driver's seat, sideways. Helps if you have small hands, I don't but you don't need to remove the seat. Just take your time, the Kenwood bracket will bolt to existing brackets already under the seat (ECU/ECM). Just move the seat all the way forward to mount the unit bracket, then move the seat to midways on the runners to mount the radio to the bracket using the 4 hex screws. You will need to slip your hand under the front of the facia of the seat and behind the seat at the same time. Helps if you have long arms. I have two antennas, in the winter I use a K400 mount on the hood so I have one cable running there. In the summer/rest of year, I have a swing away tire carrier for larger tires on the back and the antenna is mounted there. So I just unhook the corresponding antenna from the back based on season/tires.

I installed a Blue Sea Systems fuse panel in the rear driver quarter. The main battery/ground wiring is run from the engine bay under the truck and through the grommet for the condensor lines for the rear AC. So the panel is just the spot for my ham, CB radio, inverter and 12v outlets I've added. Everything is labeled and fused.

I'll try and take some better pictures when I can in the daytime.

Attachments

• IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And yes, in the first pic, that is snow in the window, covering the window fully. In fact the snow goes above the eaves of my garage now.

Crazy.

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! Yeah I love the Blue Sea stuff. My 110 has 3 fuse blocks and a bunch of 12V and USB ports. I am getting the Traxide dual battery system and was going to put a fuse block in the rear driver's area and a port for the fridge. The LR4 is my wife's DD so I can't go too crazy. I'm planning on mounting the head unit with double sided tape on the little angled piece of trim to the passenger side of the shifter by the small worthless trays. I used the tape in the 110 and it is solid, even on washboards. I'll take a pic of my plan at some point. Now I need to figure out a good place for the antenna. We have a roof rack but it doesn't stay on the car and because of the garage I'd need to install one of those powered antenna folders (just too lazy to get out and fold it down)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635