Tire Pressure Monitoring System Failure light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the fault with my LR4. I got the standard song and dance from the service area that it's a know issue and LR is working on it. That was almost a year ago.

Rob

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which problem did you have? Was it the problem as reported by UGAgirl97, where the TPMS is reporting that a particular tire is low in pressure, when in fact it has the correct pressure, and the error message continues to stay on even after repeated starts of the car? Or is it the general "Tire Pressure Monitoring System Fault" message, where you get this message on the info screen (doesn't tell you which tire is low in pressure), but then clears itself in the next start?

The sensors were replaced because it was reporting tires low when they actually had the correct tire pressure. The other issue seems to go away on it's own, and while a periodic nuisance I think all owners of European cars have to have a certain expectation for this type of thing.

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sensors were replaced because it was reporting tires low when they actually had the correct tire pressure. The other issue seems to go away on it's own, and while a periodic nuisance I think all owners of European cars have to have a certain expectation for this type of thing.

Well that is good news! At least I know they can fix this and I can get the warnings off of my dash. Thanks so much for letting me know DonMitsu! I will be traveling this weekend to see my in-laws and there is a dealer in their city so I will try and make an appt.

Thanks again!

Oh...one more thing, how long did it take them to repair it? I will only be able to leave it with them probably one full day, maybe two. So hopefully it isnt too involved.

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both times the dealer had the sensor in stock and it only took a couple of hours

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both times the dealer had the sensor in stock and it only took a couple of hours

Amen and Hallelujah! I just called the Birmingham dealer and made an appt. I told her everything about it and hopefully they will have the sensor and have everything ready. I let her know we will need it back by the end of the weekend and she promised me a car so fingers crossed!

Thanks again DonMitsu

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.... I guess I may have jumped the gun a bit. After my husband checked the tire pressure on Saturday and added some air, I jumped in my car and turned it on and the warning lamps were still on for the back left tire. So, I assumed I had a bad sensor.

Well, I didnt actually drive my LR4 again after that until today (family has been in town) and so today I got in the car for the first time since my husband worked on my tires and the lights came on. I went ahead on my errands a few minutes later I glance down at my dash and THE LIGHTS ARE GONE!! Woot Woot! I guess the system IS ACTUALLY working and I just needed to drive it a bit so it could reset itself. All is good now :) Guess that was a newbie dodo mistake....but again, thanks everyone for your help and advice!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99