Tire Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beatboy77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like opinions on deciding on new tires for my 2005 LR3 SE. I have narrowed it down to:

Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10
Nitto Terra Grappler
General Grabber AT2

I will be mostly doing on-road driving, but I want an aggressive looking tire. I would also like a tire which is excellent in the snow.

If I went with a 265/60 18, would this effect the spedometer? Would there be any rubbing in the wheel-well?

Thanks Guys!

~Josh

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my General Grabber AT2. Great on road; very limited noise and decent handling. Great off road; rock crawling and wooded trails. mud performance was about expected for an AT tire. Limited experience in the snow so far, but I also had these on my xterra for several seasons and were great on/off road and snow. I bought them again this time for the LR3 with zero hesitation. I might get a size larger next time, but definitely the get these again.

beatboy77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a lot of research this afternoon, I have narrowed it down to:

Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 (265/60/18)
General Grabber AT2 (255/60/18)

I am having a difficult time deciding between these two. Opinions anyone?

~Josh

AGConrad

Reaction score
The Hankook was rated tops in its class. The GGAT2 seems to be a great tire unless you are doing heavy off-roading with rocks and such, in which case the weak sidewalls will burst. I went with the Cooper Zeon LTZ's in 285 60 18 and have been super impressed! Not to make your decision any harder but there is my opinion!

Good luck!

beatboy77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After much research, I have decided to go with the Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 (265/60/18). I hope they are somewhat smooth on pavement, even though they are an aggressive tire.

~Josh

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After much research, I have decided to go with the Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 (265/60/18). I hope they are somewhat smooth on pavement, even though they are an aggressive tire.

~Josh

I think you made a good choice. I've seen the Grabbers suffer on the trail, but have never seen the RF10's in person yet. They have stellar reviews and a great price. Why did you not consider the Coopers that most of us have had success with?

beatboy77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you made a good choice. I've seen the Grabbers suffer on the trail, but have never seen the RF10's in person yet. They have stellar reviews and a great price. Why did you not consider the Coopers that most of us have had success with?

I wanted to go no larger than 265/60/18. Also I have heard the Coopers are not the best in snow and I have to deal with a lot of snow.

~Josh

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to go no larger than 265/60/18. Also I have heard the Coopers are not the best in snow and I have to deal with a lot of snow.

~Josh
That makes sense. With their similarity to the BFG AT's, the RF10's should do pretty well in snow. The AT's certainly do. You might be right about the Coopers, I really don't know, never got a chance to get mine in snow more than an inch or two deep, and that was on top of a dirt trail, so really not a test.

Strider

Reaction score
Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 (265/60/18)

Any update on your Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 (265/60/18). Thinking of getting the same tires. Hows the noise? Any rubbing?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99