Tire wear, second alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good info, thanks Josh. A wider hub is okay, isn't it...? maybe for a spare at least

Josh775

Reaction score
A wider hub is okay but I wouild not use it on my vehicle. For a spare, yes, but only very limited use and at low speeds. Realize folks customize vehicles all the time and do much more outlandish fitments. When it comes to wheels, try to get everything exact is how I play.

timtiedemann

Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to respond. They ONLY gave me $100 gift certificate for LR merchandise and one free oil change.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hardly a fair deal. What kind of dealer charges you wrongly and then gives you back stuff other than your money, and that of lesser value? The stuff you got should be to make up for their gross error in addition to refunding your money. Conveniently an oil change is free under warranty, so you can't even use that until later. Also, whatever they gave you at retail value must be discounted for their relatively high profit margins such that they actually paid you less back when viewed as their cost of stuff than it appears on the retail surface, particularly if you don't have a burning need for $100 in retail value of LR accessories. FWIW, I would have told them refund me, keep your stuff, and worry yourselves about getting paid properly by LRNA under warranty (and it's their problem not yours if they can no longer apply for such payment). I gather it's water under the bridge for you, so ignore my rant.

timtiedemann

Reaction score
It's not water under the bridge, it's just fatigue setting in. I have been at odds with Land Rover since '96. I have owned a 1996 Disco, 2001 Disco, 2004 Disco and now the 2006 LR3. Can you feel my pain. I have tried to get into another type/brand of vehicle, but something keeps me coming back to LR.

Anyway, thanks for your advice and support.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're too kind, I think I was more of an instigator than a supporter. I feel you, brother, and when you're ready for the next LR3 I'll help you buy it wholesale if you contact me then 'cause I know you're not shaking the brand anytime soon!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99