Today I got into an accident on the highway and a piece of tractor trailer tire broke my RH headlight.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgemera1

Reaction score
Any help will be appreciated, I'm looking to buy the RH headlight Xenon HID for my 2012 LR4 HSE LUX.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The headlight is broken, or is it the hard cover clear lens? that's removable from the headlight assembly by heating up with a **** dryer or oven to loosen the glue.
Then buy:
https://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles...lacement-headlight-lens-early-type-right.html

installation is the reverse order. Make sure when putting the new lens on you properly use the sealant. If you miss a spot water will enter. Then that's it. I would do the LH as well so they'd both look brand new. While you're in the job you might as well replace the xenon bulb. They do get dim overtime. I just swapped mine out from my 2011 and the new xenons of the same color temp/brand as OEM are waaaaaaay brighter.

Georgemera1

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the help, I'm not an expert doing these things but I'm going to give a try. What sealant should i use?

Georgemera1

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the replies, I bought a new one today hopefully I will get it by tomorrow so I can install it.

Georgemera1

Reaction score
Bad news for me, the new headlight came in but unfortunately the light is a little yellowish comparing to the old/original. The old one has the light more like white LED, I don't know what to do now. Paid $ 894.00 thinking I will get the best and right light same and similar to the old one.
Should I leave it alone? or should I try to get a different one.
The one I got is the LR 028408.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post a photo of both lights? The facelift (2014+) has different headlights, plus some are halogen, some are HID, and some are the HID lights that swivel.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes there are different headlights depending on the package your LR4 has. According to the part number you posted, that is the best headlight that came on these trucks. The ones you purchased are for 2010-2013 models and it's the xenons with the adaptive feature. I would think that the ones on your truck are more yellow, and these are more whiter. Maybe the bulbs that came installed on the new headlights aren't the correct bulb? compare the low beam xenon bulb with the one thats on the truck. See if they are different.

Georgemera1

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. My car is 2012 HSE Lux and on the contrary, my car original headlights are more white like LED almost and the new light is a little yellowish not yellow, both are xenons with the adaptive feature.
I'm getting used to it, I have the old xenon bulb and I was thinking to replace it on the new headlight but I don't know how to do it.
Probably I'm going lo leave it like that, I tried to take a picture of the lights but on the picture I don't see the difference, that's why I didn't post it here.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut