Topix Now Requires Paid Subscription for VIN Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or...JLR could simplify it- Like Porsche...they make the 'original build sheet' readily available for their vehicles on the market. We should put that in the JLR suggestion box, LOL.

Considering they made a feature that was free and functional, subscription-only and broken, I think we know how much they're listening...

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of yesterday that wasn't the case. At least for me and my 1 hour subscription. Clicking print generates the sheet with "Minor Features" but nothing under it.

Do you have a current working subscription? Could I send you a vin to run?
Interesting. That's similar what is happening to me without a subscription. I don't see the Minor Features tab, but if I click print, I can see the Minor Features section, just with nothing listed.

I replied back to the support email to ask about your issue. I definitely want to know the answer before I purchase any subscription!

Last edited:

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually paid the $20 to buy a (short) subscription, and it just showed me the number of features, not the actual features.

View attachment 11699
FYI, I heard back from Topix about your issue. To paraphrase, they stated you should be able to see the details, not just the count. They also stated that they currently have a bug where not all info is displaying and it should be fixed in the near future.

If you send them that screenshot, I'm willing to be they will refund your $20 due to the bug.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, I heard back from Topix about your issue. To paraphrase, they stated you should be able to see the details, not just the count. They also stated that they currently have a bug where not all info is displaying and it should be fixed in the near future.

If you send them that screenshot, I'm willing to be they will refund your $20 due to the bug.

Thanks! I'll reach out. Maybe they'll introduce a bug where we can see the damn build sheet. :)

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decided to check out subscription prices. Being able to check VIN specs is critical to my search since used sales rarely ever list actual features. I’ve ran probably hundreds of VINs through the tool when it was free.

Anyway, prices are mind bogglingly insane. $500 a month.

I just want to be able to figure out the ******** spec before I spend $60k on a vehicle. :(

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you go to document subscriptions on TOPIx select

Category "all"
Subscription type "single model"
Brand "Land Rover"
Models "LR4/L319"
Period "1 month"

this generates a price of 196 usd

I'm sure there's someone on here that can run a vin check for you. My subscription ran out some time ago unfortunately.

Troy A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decided to check out subscription prices. Being able to check VIN specs is critical to my search since used sales rarely ever list actual features. I’ve ran probably hundreds of VINs through the tool when it was free.

Anyway, prices are mind bogglingly insane. $500 a month.

I just want to be able to figure out the ******** spec before I spend $60k on a vehicle. :(
I used https://www.vindecoderz.com when I bought mine. Never registered with it and never paid them a dime and it always worked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

andyv

Reaction score
Considering they made a feature that was free and functional, subscription-only and broken, I think we know how much they're listening...

Just like drug dealing, the first shot is free.

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you go to document subscriptions on TOPIx select

Category "all"
Subscription type "single model"
Brand "Land Rover"
Models "LR4/L319"
Period "1 month"

this generates a price of 196 usd

I'm sure there's someone on here that can run a vin check for you. My subscription ran out some time ago unfortunately.
Ah, good to know, but still crazy. I never bothered filtering that much since I am looking at both 15+ LR4's and 18+ Disco's.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72