Towed to the shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg O

Reaction score
Had the dreaded suspension fault and no special program fault come up on Sunday while the wife was driving to get some eggs up the street. Tried restarting, disconnecting the battery, but alas it is now sitting 132 miles away in Rochester NY. Why does stuff always happen when you are about to get 15 inches of snow! Hopefully the repair is done quick and the highways are clear driving through the snow belt in BMW 5 series is not the best travel method. Thank goodness for extended warranties!

Reading all the posts on here I am guessing the compressor finally reached the end of its life.

Greg

Greg O

Reaction score
2005 SE with close to 80K.

Tried fuse at the dealership and it kept blowing it every time they plugged it in soooo more tests tomorrow. Dealership has been pretty good so far and is looking for a rental for us. Need six seats.

I will say the 5 series held its own today in the lovely weather we are having in upstate NY.

Greg

RumRunnr

Reaction score
I feel your pain. LR3's seem to not like the cold.

My dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree Tuesday with snow on the way to Chicago - on my way to the shop today.

On the other hand she did perform brilliantly when I was caught in a massive snowstorm in Iowa a few weekends ago so I guess you take the good with the bad.

Last edited:

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey thats my LR dealer (Philer in webster, ny) and I had the same problems last winter. They like to replace the air compressor first, then sensors. I think my problem ultimately was a wireshort on the height sensor, but they didnt start looking for those until the threw some parts (under warenty)at it. Good Luck!

BTW - No significant snow today. I saw a GTR out on the roads today!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635