Transmission issue? Funny sound.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When gears shift around 1600 revs in my 2014 diesel V6, there is a slight hissy "woosh-woosh" sound that isn't there otherwise. What could it be, any ideas? Anything serious? I am on a trip that's supposed to take another 6 weeks and several thousand miles. Mostly asphalt, but still a bit concerned. Gearbox oil was replaced last year, engine oil a couple of months ago.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will find most here are US-based owners with the 6-speed ZF for the 5.0L V8 or the 8-speed ZF for the SCV6 (both gasoline/petrol). Do you know if you have either of those transmissions?

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 8-speed, although I don't know off the bat if it's the same one that works with petrol engines, or if it isn't somehow modified/adjusted to diesel motors.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of a pain to diagnose, but ultimately I think you (or a shop) would have to check the fluid level and then go from there. Could be issues with the trans if its not just a simple fluid thing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA