TRIP REPORT: Got the LR3 out today - AWESOME -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all...

While I have been on some rather simple trails, they paled in comparison to what I hit today. Narrow, rock strewn, trees down, wash out ruts, the works. It was AWESOME.

I was invited to tag along with some of the Jeep & Land Cruiser folks from the ExpoPortal forum to tour some potential trails for an upcoming East Coast event this fall. Mind you, I am a complete NOOB off-roading. But I will tell you this, the LR3 did absolutely fantastic. So much so, one of the Land Cruiser guys mentioned how well the rig did. Jeep's were sliding all about, spinning tires in ruts. Not the LR3 - up, over and out with no troubles whatsoever.

Did have a failure though. Weird one. After running for well over 1.5 hours on the really rough trail, the groups gets back out to a regular dirt road and *blink* there goes my fuel gauge. The yellow light comes on and it says I have no fuel. I freaked for a second, but recalled I had almost 3/4's a tank. Got underneath, nothing. Not even a ding in the tank skid. I am thinking gauge cluster has a problem or the sender is toast...thoughts?

At any rate, here are a couple shots of the others. They took photos too, I post them up when I get them.

P1000885.jpg

P1000887.jpg

P1000888.jpg

P1000886.jpg

Last edited:

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great pics. Love all the green. Not surprised at all that the LR3 did so well.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW - Any suggestions regarding the fuel gauge? Has anyone had this issue as well?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72