Trying to Find a DIY Manual for an LR4.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Forty Deuce

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm pretty new at this Land Rover thing but I'm simply unable to locate a DIY mechanics manual for a LR4. Something similar to a Chiltons or Haynes service manual for the vehicle. In addition to self service I'm interested in simply having a better understanding of the mechanics of my new vehicle. Can anybody suggest a source? I've looked around online but have had no luck.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given the complexities of the LR4, I hardly doubt a Chilton's, or Hayne's would be adequate.
I purchased (from user Churious), a factory LR4 digital manual for model years 2010-2012. You can print it if you wanted a hard copy but it's over 2000 pages. I have used it many times for some DIY diagnostics. It is lacking a bit when it comes to wiring schematics, but I have been able to do without so far.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 2010-2012 also, but I have been looking for a 2013 version... anyone see it yet?

I usually peak at ebay. You can buy a CD from a questionable source at times with those manuals on them.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, why are these so difficult for mortals to obtain? Is it a question of proprietary intellectual property, or liability, both, or something else?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's only money, I'm afraid... Any mere mortal can access the most up-to-date shop manuals, technical diagrams, bulletins and information on any model year through Land Rover's official online channel (TOPIx, at www.landrovertechinfo.com), but a subscription could cost a pretty penny, depending on how long you sign up for and how much info you want to access. Even the manuals available on a CD on eBay often have sections that are outdated or superseded by new editions, while the manuals available on TOPIx are always up-to-date as recent bulletins and changes are posted in real time, of course. That's what you are paying for.

Forty Deuce

Reaction score
I just ordered a 2016.5 HSE Silver. It seems almost impossible to locate a simple technical guide. Do Land Rover mechanics have them I assume? Perhaps if I befriend one and leave him a nice bottle of scotch?

Railey

Reaction score
Ahhh brand spanking new... Nice car! Might be hard to find other than the TOPIx one as mentioned earlier. I have found a few others, but the latest being up to 2012.

Sent

Last edited:

Forty Deuce

Reaction score
Huh. Ok, I guess Land Rover likes to guard their technical info pretty well. Perhaps I can find a "Snowden mechanic" to leak the info to me. If I come across anything I'll post it here.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many manufacturers are keeping their tech info online these days for several reasons. The profit motive looms large. Soon after I bought the Bentley DVD for my 2006 Touareg *** went with its own manuals at erwin.com. JLR is no different. When I need to know something technical I'll buy a Topix subscription and download non-stop for 24 hrs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM