Turn in or sell?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey David,

Your pay-off is great, you're in such a good position! You got this one. :)

That's great the dealership is working with you. Sounds like everything is pretty easy to swap except for the skid plates and rock-sliders. And even if they can't swap them, you still are getting a beautiful new LR4 and likely a good trade-in.

I have my eye on this '13 RRS... Although I noted earlier that I do not like these rims at all, they are growing on me, and look great in this color combination.

http://www.landroversj.com/2013-Land-Rover-Range-Rover-Sport-San-Jose-CA/vd/14151277

I'm really inspired by your new purchase... I'm so tempted to just do it now and be done with it.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey David,

Your pay-off is great, you're in such a good position! You got this one. :)

That's great the dealership is working with you. Sounds like everything is pretty easy to swap except for the skid plates and rock-sliders. And even if they can't swap them, you still are getting a beautiful new LR4 and likely a good trade-in.

I have my eye on this '13 RRS... Although I noted earlier that I do not like these rims at all, they are growing on me, and look great in this color combination.

http://www.landroversj.com/2013-Land-Rover-Range-Rover-Sport-San-Jose-CA/vd/14151277

I'm really inspired by your new purchase... I'm so tempted to just do it now and be done with it.
Hey Count,

Yes.... I am not surprised that when I told Eric my pay off, he was quick to say it would be NO problem for them to take it in about 8 months early. Now I just have to see if they can do a bit better or decrease the price of the LR4.

I LOVE that color - looks awesome. You know, those wheels are kind of cool and actually go well with that truck. I don't love them, but it certainly would not be a deal breaker for me. Heck, if you get a great deal (and I don't see why you wouldn't), then you could always find some wheels on eBay or something and switch out the wheels. I have to say, with that color, the wheels would look sweet in black! :) I am saying that because you have black trim on the front grill and on the vents - a blend of black and silver. Black wheels, silver lug nuts, and the silver/black Range Rover logo = SWEEET!

When do you think you will move on this RRS?

-David

Last edited:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Count,

Yes.... I am not surprised that when I told Eric my pay off, he was quick to say it would be NO problem for them to take it in about 8 months early. Now I just have to see if they can do a bit better or decrease the price of the LR4.

I LOVE that color - looks awesome. You know, those wheels are kind of cool and actually go well with that truck. I don't love them, but it certainly would not be a deal breaker for me. Heck, if you get a great deal (and I don't see why you wouldn't), then you could always find some wheels on eBay or something and switch out the wheels. I have to say, with that color, the wheels would look sweet in black! :)

When do you think you will move on this RRS?

-David

I'm going to talk to my wife this weekend and just lay it out and go from there. I have to get final approval... haha

We'll see what happens. I don't think I'll get a crazy deal on the '13 RRS yet... I think towards fall we'll see better deals. But I don't know... will explore it now and see what happens.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to talk to my wife this weekend and just lay it out and go from there. I have to get final approval... haha

We'll see what happens. I don't think I'll get a crazy deal on the '13 RRS yet... I think towards fall we'll see better deals. But I don't know... will explore it now and see what happens.
If you need my wife to explain to your wife how she believes it is best to let the husband make the decisions, then I would be happy to oblige. Hahaha! I have noticed that it doesn't seem to go over well with these modern CA women! :)

You are right, I would imagine that as the time comes where you can order the 2014 RRS, then the 2013 RRS in stock will need to be unloaded rather quickly. Although, to be honest, I wouldn't be shocked if you could get a good deal now since many people in the market for a RRS will likely wait for the 2014. The RRS crowd is sometimes a bit different than the Discovery folks.

-David

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you need my wife to explain to your wife how she believes it is best to let the husband make the decisions, then I would be happy to oblige. Hahaha! I have noticed that it doesn't seem to go over well with these modern CA women! :)

You are right, I would imagine that as the time comes where you can order the 2014 RRS, then the 2013 RRS in stock will need to be unloaded rather quickly. Although, to be honest, I wouldn't be shocked if you could get a good deal now since many people in the market for a RRS will likely wait for the 2014. The RRS crowd is sometimes a bit different than the Discovery folks.

-David

It was funny, early on in my relationship with my wife, I had a lot more power of over decisions, but over time, that eroded because my wife's so strategic and stealthy. Eventually, without me even realizing it, she ended up in the command-and-control seat. I've tried to overturn it... but to no avail. One day, maybe... I'll be able to gain some control back. I can't tell you how lucky you are to be able to make decisions.

I'm ready to make a purchase now. I just need to do it. Wish me luck. haha... I might end up with a '13 RRS very soon. I do like the one I sent you, but they also have two others I'm interested in... and until I go there and sit in each one, and find the one that connects with me, will I know for sure. But I do know what I am going to get now and not contemplating anymore. Now it's just a matter of executing it.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was funny, early on in my relationship with my wife, I had a lot more power of over decisions, but over time, that eroded because my wife's so strategic and stealthy. Eventually, without me even realizing it, she ended up in the command-and-control seat. I've tried to overturn it... but to no avail. One day, maybe... I'll be able to gain some control back. I can't tell you how lucky you are to be able to make decisions.

I'm ready to make a purchase now. I just need to do it. Wish me luck. haha... I might end up with a '13 RRS very soon. I do like the one I sent you, but they also have two others I'm interested in... and until I go there and sit in each one, and find the one that connects with me, will I know for sure. But I do know what I am going to get now and not contemplating anymore. Now it's just a matter of executing it.
I think there is something to be said for a strong woman, but I am just not used to it in my relationship. A lot of this has to do with religious beliefs and her church.

You are lucky man, there seems to be a lot of 2013 RRS to choose from and that will open up your options. Once you head down there and sit in them, I think the decision will come quickly. Trust me, you will love the drive - it's a lot like our LR4, just more nimble. In fact, a lot more nimble an sporty. Kind of a nice change.

I was off from work today and we were out in the East Bay (my mom is visiting) and while I LOVE my LR4, it's definitely not nimble around the corners.

-David

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife is a great gal. She's of Chinese decent, was born in Canada and from Vancouver, B.C. Very strong and smart, part of the attraction. I'm of Hungarian decent. Born in the USA. Back in the day, before my Son was born, I had a little more leverage. Nowadays, expenses like my Son's academic pre-school, is just over $17K a year. And that's just the beginning, as we're hoping after pre-school he can start private school at West Portal Lutheran. He should get accepted, he's turning 4 next month, and can already do basic math, read, write and spell. The school he's going to now, prepares them to be at a grade 1 aptitude or above before kindergarten. So when my wife gets on my case about buying a new car every two- to- three-years, I can somewhat understand, even if we can afford it. Life takes so many new turns after a little one comes along. But at the same time, it's not like I'm asking for a new Porsche GT3. That'll have to wait until I'm towards retirement. I'll have to begin breaking her in slowly, put on a game face, and go forward from there. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM