Turning rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sunlion

Reaction score
I just took my 05 LR3 to Midas. Total was $230 without rotors for the rear axle. They also said the rotors cannot be machined but were in good shape. They used centex pads. Pads are free lifetime after this, just labor, for $100, I figured it was worth it. I changed all 4 sets last time and I thought it was a pain jacking up the truck but is was easy otherwise. I bought what I thought were higher end pads , green stuff I recall, when I changed them the last time but they wore out quickly. Midas wanted $100 for the sensor which I skipped but then bought it from the dealer for $20 and will install it soon. The breaks feel great, no noise either.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Does any one have any experience with the link I posted?

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting brakes put on tomorrow, from British Atlantic. I found a shop that does a lot of work on Rovers, and the owner said he'd do it for $50. Not worth DIY.

Which brings me to this, how necessary is it to bed the brakes?

Last edited:

Geotrash

Reaction score
I'm getting brakes put on tomorrow, from British Atlantic. I found a shop that does a lot of work on Rovers, and the owner said he'd do it for $50. Not worth DIY.

Which brings me to this, how necessary is it to bed the brakes?
Worth the time do follow the procedures recommended by the pad manufacturer. If you don't the rotors will glaze incorrectly, increasing the risk of squealing.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV