two outstanding questions for new owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joyce

Reaction score
2013 LR4 LUX/HD package/vision assist/sirius
after a tutorial from the salesman, and reading the owners manual cover to cover- many of my questions are answered. i have two outstanding questions:
where do i see the screen saver? i am able to make selections but no changes appear. (pg. 104)
what is HD radio and do i have it? (pg.117)

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You enable the screen saver manually, it does not pop up automatically like on a computer monitor. Basically, the power button on the touchscreen cycles through screen on, screensaver on, screen off. The whole idea is a bit pointless, don't even know why the "screensaver" option is there.

If you have Sirius satellite radio, you have HD radio by default, it's part of a package. No Sirius, no HD. HD radio sounds great when it's available (here in L.A. coverage is very good for most popular stations), HD music on FM radio sounds as good as a CD, and even AM radio sounds nearly as good as regular FM when in HD (although talk / news stations in particular can sound a bit "artificially" tinny and metallic at times.) However, in areas with poor reception the signal switches back and forth between regular and HD signal, and it can get kind of annoying.

Last edited:

joyce

Reaction score
thanks umbertob- i still don't understand about the screensaver- sorry. are you saying that the options that i see- the landrover logo, the harmon kardon logo, the LR4 in the woods- will be visible if i toggle the home screen on/off?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. Turn your screen off, and the "screen saver" will pop up first (I picked the "LR4 in the woods", the best looking one...:biggrin:) Touch the power button again, and the screen will turn off. Touch it one more time and the screen will turn back on. Like I said, pointless.

joyce

Reaction score
ok- got it this time. agreed-pointless. oh- and i also like that picture of the LR4 in the woods...maybe because it's bronze like mine. i wonder if each car's color is programmed...

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be cool if each car was individually added for color. I beleive mine is the bronze color (screensaver) as well. My LR4 is Fuji.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be cool if each car was individually added for color. I beleive mine is the bronze color (screensaver) as well. My LR4 is Fuji.
Mine is Nara Bronze as well and I have a Fuji White like mbw.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72