"tyre pressure" on screen and also cant use terrain knob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rippingtime

Reaction score
hey, bought an 07 lr3 and already Im having a couple issues.

I checked all my wheels and the pressure is good, but the tire pressure sensor keeps saying otherwise on the screen.

Also, I cant select anything but "special programs off" on the knob. It turns perfectly but it wont change over. I had something come up on the screen once "special programs off" but now its totally un-responsive. Everything else is working just fine.

I tested the battery, seems ok.

Any ideas? I might end up bringing it to the dealership but its almost a two hour drive.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a hard reset>

When systems do not seem to work for no apparent reason, I try what is called a hard reset. Sometimes just shutting all the doors, and locking and then in a few minutes unlocking the vehicle can also resolve silly problems.

It is a higher class version of disconnecting the battery. The reset clears a few codes and I think unscrambles software, much like shutting down and restarting a computer. The process is most useful when the radio just quits for no apparent reason, however other problems can be resolved as well.

In brief, to start the hard reset process, open the hood but close all doors and let your 3 go to sleep - no radio display etc and no key in the ignition.
(I find that it is often a good idea to have the drivers door window rolled down and the key in my pocket whenever fooling about the vehicle.)

Disconnect the ground battery terminal from the main starting battery.
Disconnect the positive battery terminal from the main starting battery.

(I assume that you only have one battery in your 3. If not, disconnect the others as well and leave them disconnected until after all is done.)

Connect the negative cable to the positive cable. (NOT the battery.) You will need a short length, (a foot or so), of light gauge, (14 to 18 gauge AWG, stranded copper), wire to span between the battery cable ends as there is not enough slack in the positive and negative battery cables for the ends to touch each other.

Hold all together for about a minute or so, (some say 5 to 10 minutes), as you are discharging memory modules within the engine computer and elsewhere.

Reattach positive terminal to the main starting battery.
Reattach negative terminal to the main starting battery.

Start engine and hopefully no warning lights.
Reset time on the radio - note that the station presets are still there as not everything is erased. Nothing much else needs resetting either.

You can now connect up the other batteries if you have a multiple battery setup.

This is a link to a thread in disco3 re hard reset.

http://www.**************/forum/topic19547.html

Replace the **** with disco3 co uk and insert a period in each of the two spaces.

rippingtime

Reaction score
ok, for some reason it was working fine for like 5 minutes, went for a drive, tried it again and nothing.

thinking it could be shorting out somewhere?

Ill try the hard reset this afternoon hopefully it works a lil worried about f'ing something up

rippingtime

Reaction score
well, tried it out still getting the tire pressure error and the special programs wont work either :/ guess Ill take it in

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge