Ultimate 30" LED Light Bar Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ANGLR4

Reaction score
My beautiful wife bought me a 30" LED light bar for my birthday this week. Although its not a Rigid Light Bar, it more than makes up for it in quality and ability to flood the road and surrounding land with enough light to eliminate the dark side of the moon. Tuff Stuff 30" LED Light Bar ($279 on Amazon) with about 500 Lumens less than the Rigid version and to be honest, I don't think our eyes can see the difference. The quality is very solid and the accompanying wiring harness (although I made my own) reflect outstanding workmanship.

There is only one place to install a light bar this big without reducing the integrity of the look and function of the LR4: the front grill.

This is what I did:
After removing the headlamps and front grill, there are two 6" tall by 1" wide support brackets (see photo) dedicated to keeping the front grill from pushing back into the radiator core. Turns out the outside walls of the support brackets are exactly the same distance apart as the mounting screws + the brackets I made.

So I cut into those support brackets (after verifying no electrical connectors or airbag sensors were present) and installed my light bar. Then I removed the entire lower row of the front grill. Using my laser level, I kept everything true and straight and when installed, the Light Bar is recessed about 1/2" inside the front grill.

As a safety measure, i installed a master override switch into the headlamp switch assembly. This way i do not accidentally deploy the sun in traffic.

Yesterday we drove the 170 miles through the Rocky Mountains over to Missoula, MT and I was blown away with the outcome. I have driven this road many times and never felt safe for fear of hitting deer (I have done this with my first LR4 and it wasn't pretty…for the deer!). The lights are so bright other drivers let me pass and then sped up to keep up with me as I blazed the way.

Here are a couple pix. I have about 40 photo's and a couple videos including pix of measurements.

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• IMG_0716.JPG
    IMG_0716.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0719.JPG
    IMG_0719.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0771.JPG
    IMG_0771.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0759.JPG
    IMG_0759.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0773.JPG
    IMG_0773.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 96

abok

Reaction score
Wow, if you don't know what to look for, you might miss the fact it's there. Great job.

Pls send pic with light on.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome job! I got your email as well... Looking forward to more pics.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long did the entire install take? Looks like a pretty clean install.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM