Upper fuse box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daveykid

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting... I had no idea there's a fuse box behind the upper glove box. That would be THE worst place to put one, because it's hard as h-e-c-k to get to.

I've personally opened it up and there's nothing back there on my '11 LR4. Here's an electrical wiring diagram of mine and it's pretty true to it, well at least for me.

View attachment 23620
I used this site.

Lr4KP

Reaction score
This is what my gap tells me

Attachments

• IMG_7946.png
    IMG_7946.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 43

Lr4KP

Reaction score
Could be anything.
You would need to check which module for the infotainment system is off line .
The modules communicate with each other via a fiber optic cable.

There are fiber optic bypass loops that you can buy and just eliminate one by one.
ie: unplug the audio amplifier, install the bypass loop. If the infotainment screen comes up, amplifier is bad.

I forgot to mention also I was getting parking brake faults but they went away the next day and i was able to clear them out

Lr4KP

Reaction score
Could be anything.

There are fiber optic bypass loops that you can buy and just eliminate one by one.
ie: unplug the audio amplifier, install the bypass loop. If the infotainment screen comes up, amplifier is bad.

Please forgive my ignorance
Could be anything.

im still trying to figure this one out. I have sent off my radio and there is nothing wrong with the radio. I bought the bypass loop you mentioned and checked the amp it still nothing. Where should I look next?

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two more modules in the right rear panel, just behind the 2nd row seats.
When you install the bypass loop, cycle the key off and on.
A module that is on line will have a red light on where the fiber optic loop plugs in.

In the past, customers have decided it's cheaper to buy the bypass loop than spend money on a satellite module.

Lr4KP

Reaction score
There are two more modules in the right rear panel, just behind the 2nd row seats.
When you install the bypass loop, cycle the key off and on.
A module that is on line will have a red light on where the fiber optic loop plugs in.

In the past, customers have decided it's cheaper to buy the bypass loop than spend money on a satellite module.
I plugged my bypass loop in both of those and nothing changed.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post your VIN # ?
I'll check and see how many modules are on your fiber optic network.

Thanks

Lr4KP

Reaction score
SALAM2D49AA546558

Also when I check my fuses with a test light the radio fuse doesn’t have any power to it

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM